Hamer Fan Club Message Center

TRULY Custom Build

• Replies 288
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Man, what's with you people and blade switches? :-)

I've taken great strides to make the HFC aware of my aversion to blade switches. :rolleyes: Many a Hamer (and other makes/models) have been passed on because they featured a blade style switch.

Ah bugger! I was trying to get you to panic and re- look at the frankly amazing photos of this thing :)

No need to incite ill-founded panic, Ben. :P I'm heading up to see it person in another 45 minutes. I was there for the first phase of colored dye and I'll be there to check the burst gradient. Win-win.

It's a really good feeling to know that, in addition to having a kick ass guitar being custom made for you, your aesthetic instincts and choices are sound AND are evident not only in the design specs and color choices but in the logo as well.

Ya see, I designed that there logo. :D

logo-head.jpg

Heres Jimbo's axe all lacquered. Now it sits for 4-5 weeks for the lacquer to harden

oobleck18.jpg

Truly, 'tis a thing of beauty. :D

Beautiful! Are there any pics of the backside with the finish applied?

Flipside is black.

ghoul31.jpg

Dammit Chris- get yer own thread! :lol:

Beautiful! Are there any pics of the backside with the finish applied?

Flipside is black.

Dammit Chris- get yer own thread! :lol:

Sorry man. Didnt mean to steal yer thunder brother ;)

there. Removed the photo from my post. Its like I was never even there... :ph34r:

While we are waiting for the paint to dry, what else is cooking on Meatbomb's workbench?

Something not all that different from this build. I'm doing a 7-string superstrat. Not specifically a copy of any existing design. Similar to many out there but my own design nonetheless.

http://www.addictguitars.com/?page_id=1395

After that I have a original design single cut planned.

• 1 month later...

You really need an Anaconda around your neck when you play that thing. That is all kinds of badass Swamp-Scaley. Contact me. I can set you up. She might even improve your playing. Wrap her tail around the strings. You know. Like the wife does to me.

Looking good Jim!

Interesting decision to go with a big white stripe along the front under the arm bevel though... :P

<GASP> Wait, what? I dinnt order dat! :lol:

Archived