Hamer Fan Club Message Center

Stolen: Hamer Jeff Watson Model Red V

Stolen in Las Vegas this one off V made for Jeff Watson of Night Ranger & gifted to me by Jeff. 1980's made in USA.

Red Hamer Jeff Watson Signature V
Red Headstock, Red Neck, Red Body
Cream lettered logo
Black truss rod cover with white edge
Chrome pickup covers
Cream pickup rings
Black knobs
Dual Humbucker
Dot Neck, Roswood or Ebony Fretboard
Chrome Tuners

post-116180-0-64958600-1426008593_thumb.

That's gonna be hard to hide unless it gets stripped.

We'll keep our collective eyes opened for you.

Thieves SUCK.

These thieving jerks need their hands broken, and I'm a passiFIST

Terrible!............ sorry to hear about this! :( Hopefully it will be recovered soon and no worse for wear.I can't even imagine how you feel as a loss of a instrument to a musician is such a personal thing............all the more so with something like that. Its been said already................THIEVES SUCK! BIG TIME! BONEHEADED JERKS!

Everyone check your local CL daily and keep an extra eye on the pawn shops in case the thief is flat stupid and is unaware of its rarity.

Its a longshot, but over the past five years or so, a handfull of the stolen high-end and rare US made guitars from here in the midwest made their way over to Japan somehow. We know because a couple were eventually posted for sale on the internet. If any of you have any connections over there you might have them keep a look out.

I hate thieves with a passion too.

Best of luck getting it back unmolested.

Thanks y'all. I appreciate your concern, advice & general agreement on suck. They got 5 guitars. 1970 Les Paul black beauty, 1997 Strat Plus, Takamine acoustic & a Reverend PA-1. Insured thankfully but still want revenge & retribution.

Nothing lower than someone who steals the tools of an artist.

Contact all the area music stores and pawn shops with photos and SN#s, if you have. many stores run a check on SN#s when they take in used gear.

Post a stolen notice on CL and the popular guitar websites as well.

There is a chance they might turn up, depending if amateurs or pros grabbed them.

If you make the item hot enough ASAP by blanketing every place with stolen notices and photos, there is a chance it might pop up if the thief has trouble unloading it.

Uniqueness isn't necessarily going to help. My guitarist had a very unique Hamer stolen over 15 years ago and has never surfaced.

But the HFC is the right place. If it does pop up for sale anywhere, someone here is likely to hear of it.

Quick. Somebody head over to that "Pawn Stars" pawn shop. The tv show with the bald guy & gramps & chumlee. if you were a doper and snagged it just for a fix where would you take it in Vegas? Did the thief get the case too? Any other gear?

When somebody walks into a pawn shop with a nice guitar without a case doesn't a flag go up, Probly Stolen

Awkward Cheerrs!

caddie

I have been touring vegas pawn shops but when I got to the pawn stars place & saw the line around the block I bailed, nothing has popped on craigslist or ebay. Someday my guitars will surface, I'm vigilant.

I have been touring vegas pawn shops but when I got to the pawn stars place & saw the line around the block I bailed, nothing has popped on craigslist or ebay. Someday my guitars will surface, I'm vigilant.

I was in Vegas a couple weeks ago. (noooo officer I did not steal the red Hamer V in the back seat). Saw the same line at that pawn shop, It has become a tourist destination in Vegas. We didn't even stop we went back to Wynn's n sat by the pool and drank until we needed help getting out of our deck loungers.

Cheers!

caddie

• 2 weeks later...

She will surface , they always do...

• 2 weeks later...

KNOWINGLY buys a stolen one.

Don't know if I'd ever recover from the theft of a prized guitar. When my Daytona was lost in the mail for over a month I notified every pawn shop I could find within 500 mi of the point of loss. Luckily it made its way home to papa with some major harrassment of the PO. Hope yours makes it home. I'll keep my tentacles out. Suggested earlier to watch Japan trades. Was a Hamer p-90 special on Reverb refinished with serial number gone recently from a guy in taiwan--I think. Impossible to believe that anyone would erase a serial number without knowing what that clearly meant. I wouldn't buy it and told the seller I suspected a possible theft. It did sell, unfortunately.

• 1 month later...

:( Terrible! :(

I'll keep an eye open -and I'm always chasing Vees, so who knows?

Good luck!

• 2 months later...
  • 9 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Might be worth checking adhuntr.com every once in a while, it can search every Craigslist site in the country I believe.

And really sorry for your loss bro, I had an a '90 Ibanez Universe (the swirled one) stolen from me in AprilĀ '91, and my Dad who bought it for me in Sept '90 passed away in Dec. of '90. I would have kept that guitar forever, but some crack head probably got it. Probably got 20 bucks for it as well :(

Archived