Hamer Fan Club Message Center

Show us your new Shishkov thread!

marcnorth

I don't want to see Steve's. The back of the headstock is just fine... :ph34r:

Hey, just because Serial posts a photo of a headstock (back) and also posts a statement to the effect of "greatest guitar I've ever owned," you cannot assume Steve is owner of the pictured guitar (0003) or that the quote was referencing the pictured guitar.

He's just being a dick.

There will be opportunities to order after this run, for sure, just at the regular (relatively reasonable) pricing!

I had the distinct pleasure of delivering Elduave his at his most excellent 50th Birthday bash yesterday. I think he likes it! ;)

This one has so much character - in the top, the back, the TONE! This is a RAWK machine. Here's a teaser...

Shishkov%200004%2031415%20GCM3_zpscfjwf2

I already called "DIBS"!!!!

Some more of #0004:

ELs%200004%20in%20case_zpssqwfl3ok.jpg

ELs%200004_zps57peyniz.jpg

EL%20and%200004_zpsr7xn804i.jpg

YEAH!!!!! Sweet!!! B)

Looks like the old-style (bell) TRC, but matte finished or something. Is it single ply, or flipped over, or what's going on there?

It's Mike's own design. Hand carved, and very classic looking.

I'll post a detail shot later on tonight, but I think it looks great - different, yet familiar.

Been watching the guitars as they have been making their way through to completion and.................. first comment here. I must say these guitars DO look amazing in every respect! :):wub: Congrats to the lucky new owners. :) So....................... was the long wait to get these guitars worth it? 24e1bud.jpg

image_zpskb5tlicj.jpg

image_zpsfphyys0k.jpg

Tried to get a good shot of the inlays-they are stunning-unfortunately, this pic isn't great.

There will be opportunities to order after this run, for sure, just at the regular (relatively reasonable) pricing!

I had the distinct pleasure of delivering Elduave his at his most excellent 50th Birthday bash yesterday. I think he likes it! ;)

This one has so much character - in the top, the back, the TONE! This is a RAWK machine. Here's a teaser...

Some more of #0004:

See, that's a thinkin' man ^ ^ right there. ^ ^ Make sure you are the only delivery guy for the other first few Shishkov Ultimates. That way - right after the owner - you can get the first chance to finger-hump each one and then call "DIBS".

BRILLIANT. :)

image_zpsfphyys0k.jpg

This photo has me now waffling between 'burst and vintage natural. I HOPE I'm getting my "final details" letter from Mike soon so I can end the indecision and get prepared for the playin'.

Some more of #0004:

Cool! You've made me feel really good about my decision to go naked on the neck/headstock and go with dot inlays. The top has more than enough bling. The covered neck pup is a cool touch. This is a true rawk machine. Beautiful guitar.

I spent close to 16 hours in the car this weekend, am sick as a dog and wiped out, but it was TOTALLY worth it. I stopped by Mike's place and was just blown away.

I'll just show pics of the one that followed me home to stay, but I did deliver two others. These are crappy cell phone pics - I'll take some REAL pics later.

959d9f7d-ce52-455d-936d-10d3bc694ae9_zps

Shishkov%200001%2031415_zpshszrthgr.jpg

Me%20with%20Mike%20and%200001_zpsnmopw9o

Is that Blue or Purple?

The first shot looks almost purple on my screen.

It's BLUEBURST, but it changes color depending on the light. A very subtle burst around the edges that disappears when looking at it from some angles. The pic with Mike and me holding it is probably the closest to the way it appears to my eyes.

In most regular indoor lighting, it looks Blue. Under fluorescent or dimmer lighting, there is a purple cast to it, especially over the mahogany back.

In sunlight, it looks like a lighter, medium Blueburst.

It's really cool!

Blueburst is always tough to nail, as most light has some degree of yellow or red in it depending on the type it is. Under many incandescent lights blueburst can look kinda green. If it is the 3600K fluorescents, it looks purple. Either way, it looks incredible.

Now we just need to find a bunch of sustain blocks for sunbursts.

Archived