Hamer Fan Club Message Center

Show us your new Shishkov thread!

marcnorth

Mike's getting this run locked down and out the door first, but I'm sure we'll be seeing some cool new stuff later on this year!

Until then...

Shishkov%200001%20beach%20body_zpsqc86zx

Man, that's a freakin' like collector. I want to see more of them. B)

Chris your Ultimate is so pretty, each shot seems to give it a different color!

Yeah - so far every pic is different. That's just way too cool.

Is the 'waist' narrower on the Ultimate (compared to a Standard)? It almost looks as if someone grabbed both points and pulled. Not much, but enough that it looks.......different. In a good way, like it's a slimmer, trimmer Standard.

It would be nice to see the outline of the Ultimate on top of the outline of the Standard. If that waste is a little more narrow, that is cool. The shape of the Hamer Rick Nielsen model looked too radical for some people, but it was more comfortable to play when sitting down.

So, do the Ultimates feel different enough to notice when sitting while playing?

Chris your Ultimate is so pretty, each shot seems to give it a different color!

Is the 'waist' narrower on the Ultimate (compared to a Standard)? It almost looks as if someone grabbed both points and pulled. Not much, but enough that it looks.......different. In a good way, like it's a slimmer, trimmer Standard.

agree.. looking at the comparison pic the waist appears a tiny bit more narrow.. or perhaps it's just a bit more sharp and tight in the angle of the waist which makes for the trimmer look. definitely not the same look if I cinch up my belt a notch or 2. :blink:

in any case, that is one cool Ultimate. (like all of them!!!)

The camera can lie, too. Chris' example has a bit more back-tilt than my black Standard. The Shishvov's waist does look a bit slimmer, as does the lower horn. Nice, original take while maintaining "traditional" vibe.

Had to do a quick solo beach trip today, so took a Shishkov along for the ride...

Shishkov%200001%20goes%20to%20the%20beac

Oh, my. I think I'd like mine to be bound and crowned, and to have that top, but in emerald green.

Serial's been doing a lot of work travel lately, but has a gig this weekend - there are usually a few talented shutterbugs at those, so I'm sure pics will be forthcoming in the next week or so. ;)

Also, a little birdie may have mentioned that a few more Ultimates are leaving the nest early this week (if they haven't already), so we'll be seeing a few more soon.

Also, a little birdie may have mentioned that a few more Ultimates are leaving the nest early this week (if they haven't already), so we'll be seeing a few more soon.

No contact on my end, so I will hope for a May delivery.

Or, whenever...;)

I have really missed the "T'was a good day for xyz" threads since the Hamer shop folded.

Maybe somebody could separate the special run guitars (and those that will follow) and post them individually(with serial numbers) so we can appreciate each one as they are birthed.

I am somewhat relieved I never bonded with the shape of the Standard. I don't feel envious on missing out and I'm glad the lucky ones got theirs. Congrats all around.

I have really missed the "T'was a good day for xyz" threads since the Hamer shop folded.

Maybe somebody could separate the special run guitars (and those that will follow) and post them individually(with serial numbers) so we can appreciate each one as they are birthed.

I am somewhat relieved I never bonded with the shape of the Standard. I don't feel envious on missing out and I'm glad the lucky ones got theirs. Congrats all around.

Greg owns "T'was a good day for...". Just sayin'.

Then perhaps we should create something new for Shishkov unveilings...

Archived