Hamer Fan Club Message Center

T-51F for your Daytona

I have a sweet T-51F Tuxedo--black with white pearl pickguard. One I'm playing in side pic. Will sell for $1100 shipped. Comes with original Hamer case, set of Hamer strings, original stereo cable, and Dimarzio Twang Kings installed (Original Duncans included). Fishman Power bridge works perfectly. Frets perfect, set up is spot on. Sings right up to Fret 22. Thought I'd be buried with this one, but after getting my first Daytona I realized that I am a strat player. I'm looking to get a back up (or first string) Daytona and would prefer a trade with an insider. This T-51 would be on market at $1,000+, so I'm looking for a special Daytona--heavy, beefy neck, solid tone, all original, great shape, no fret issues, etc. Any interest? I-phone video below. glumpy, but good tone sample.A little comedy at the end Pictures at https://www.flickr.com/photos/132340424@N08/

All of this was recorded with only the NECK pickup engaged--no fishman added. Lot's of really stinging tone options not demonstrated here.

Fred

Hamerhead--that was beautiful! LMAO--Sorry Jer! Snort! don't worry Jer, I won't step on your toes. Either way, I get to play it.

Son of a buck. Just when I got my GAS under control somebody comes along with a T-51F! Well F me!

Cheers!

caddie

Had a trade offer for a pristine 97 sea foam with maple neck. It's the twin to the Daytona I already have, which is truly incredible. I'm hankering for something in a different color for the sake of diversity.

Quite a few years ago I built a Warmoth Thinline with a piezo GHOST bridge. Loved that thing but reselling a Warmoth is impossible. (Here comes the but) But one of my bandmates loved that thing, I mean loved it in a creepy, unnatural way. So i sold it to him for almost as much as I had in it. I figured a T51F would come up that I could snag...that was 8 years ago.

These damn thing are rare. When I first got into Hamers there was a small dealer nearby. I bought an Artist, there was a T51F there too. It was that kinda vintage translucent white with a tortoise pickguard. Maple neck/fretboard. I'm tellin ya it gave that Artist a run for its money. In the long run, i left several days later with the Artist.

That particular Artist is long gone (went to JGale IIRC) replaced by an Artist Honey Chevron Top. I dont recall where that Artist came from, That might have been the one that was hanging among the PRS with a stupid low price tag on it. Does that come with a Hamer case? 20min later, Yup here it is.

OK Sparky, here's my Master Card.

Cheers!

caddie

Noonan - you NEED as T-51F.

Buy it outright so Fred can score an awesome Daytona from me.

Well Mr.Hamerhead aren't you the clever one. We oughta have you on the Iran nuke negotiation team. OK, you can have the T51F but you cannot change the strings for 10 years.

Cheers!

caddie

Tell you what, Eric. You buy the T-51F from Fred, and I'll buy the first set of strings. I'll even install them, but you'll have to come here - WITH BEER - to do it. You're on your own after that.

Your move.

• 2 weeks later...

Well guys, got the Vibrolux custom back with the mods. Can't say I like it better--may actually undo them. One thing I like is that it's dead quiet. no more hiss. Normal channel is nice, reverb channel is rather tinny, lots of mids. May dick around with different tubes to get more depth.

T-51F is going to reverb. I came a long way playing that one, but it's clear to me that Daytona/strats are my path. It'll be up there soon.

Fred

Archived