Hamer Fan Club Message Center

#0011 A Couple of Teasers

RobB

soli’d, see my above post. Sorry for the confusion, but getting the guitar in the proper sunlight revealed a deep, cherry red transparent, almost burgundy. It’s very pretty.

Thanks, I know the color you mean and I love it.

In my head I'm comparing that dark cherry and a darker walnut color.

I personally can't wait to see more shots of this guitar. All of the Shishkovs have been drop dead gorgeous, each and every one of them.

Congrats Rob!

Hamerica

The tuners do look great. It's cool how they are modified to work (tabs trimmed down). Mike and I have already discussed it.

Thanks, yes, I like the look much more than diecast tuners and the headstock is a tad lighter than before. The mod is a very clever trick, and they are solid and hold tuning very well.

I initially wanted the Kluson in-lines, like on the original Explorers and used again on the 70’s RIs and on my Navigator replica, as well. Gotoh and Kluson make the strip (Strat/Tele), in-line tuners. I believe only Gotoh allows you to specify which buttons, and it is a pricey affair if you go through their Japan-webstore. The hole spacing/diameter for the push-in collars is different than what Schallers require. This, most likely, would have veered Mike off keeping the set specs of the Ultimate run identical.

Again, Mike was gracious enough to redo the tuners free-of-charge. THIS is “customer service”, folks. :)

Here’s one of the front that Mike sent:

post-1188-0-06771100-1434247462_thumb.jp

Here’s four more. As Borat would say, “not so much...” As a photographer I’m a great guitarist. Shoulda stuck with the iPhone. Actually, my neighbor is a pro photog. I should probably ask her for a few lessons, haha!

My old, trusty-dusty Canon PowerShot G6 is finally giving up the ghost. Good as time as any to get a newer compact point/shoot.

post-1188-0-87567600-1434318174_thumb.jp

post-1188-0-54423700-1434318206_thumb.jp

post-1188-0-14830700-1434319645_thumb.jp

post-1188-0-35532500-1434319676_thumb.jp

Archived