HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

I laff.

Looks like they're really going for retailers who offer superior customer service at and after the point of sale...

Do they do setups and quick repairs over by the meat department now?

Looks like they're really going for retailers who offer superior customer service at and after the point of sale...

Do they do setups and quick repairs over by the meat department now?

Yeah, it takes on a whole new meaning of 'Chop Shop".

Costco is very good at what they do. They are number #1 in the market place.

I won't even comment on Gibson. You would think Henry (Ford) was running that place.

Gibson effectively cut out a lot of long time dealers when they raised the buy-in to a ridiculous level. They put demands on dealers to become "Gibson showrooms." There has been no secret that Gibson's current leadership prefers big chain stores and catalog/Internet stores to the smaller shops.

In most businesses it is considered better to have 300 small customers than 3 big ones. If you lose one of 300 it is better than losing one of three. Henry may learn this the hard way.

On the other hand, small stores would return guitars to Gibson for defective workmanship issues. Going with a large chain, especially one that traditionally has nothing to do with musical instruments, might lessen the number of dealer complaints. The stock is unpacked and shelved. No one will take the time to inspect anything.

I would bet those are returns and/or B stock. Since Gibson no longer stamps inferior instruments as seconds I would bet the alternative to selling them at Costco is to throw them in the dumpster.

It also appears that the guitars might not come with the Gibson warranty (not that that's worth anything anyway). They are covered under the Costco warranty.

Would be sad if these were the Musicians Fiend/ Guitar Center rejects.

Jonathan,

With all due respect- who will inspect/control the quality and why isn't Costco listed as an authorized dealer (I also think they are advertising below MAP pricing). That, coupled with the fact that the Gibson warranty may not apply sends up a big red flag in my book.

FWIW, I am a Costco member and think the quality of their stuff is great. Gibson.....not so much.

To hazard a guess, I'd speculate that Costco bought out the inventory of a chain that went out of business or cut a deal with Gibson to pick up warehouse stock that wasn't moving. But I'd be surprised if they agreed to take on returns or b-stock as part of the package.

-Jonathan

:)

This whole think is relative to the fact that the large companies now want to flood the market with thier product and phuk the little music stores out of business. Peavey is selling thier shit to PAWN SHOPS.... PHUKING PAWN SHOPS... FFS... 99% of pawn shops cant even service thier spouses let alone a guitar. It shows that these companies have NO respect for thier dealers. Guitar Center will never have my business neither will any pawn shop that sells NEW musical gear of any type for this reason... I agree that the employees at most of these places aer clueless... making not themselves look bad but the employer for stocking merchandise that should belong in a music store with knowledgable salesman, not a 18 punk workin his 1st job going duhhhhhhhh sorry man i cant help you dood.

It all boils down to $$$ the companies need money since thier companies are semi failing with low quality products so this is their answer.... in retail a quick fix is not always the best solution to money woes..... stockholders have no patience though... so to fix the problem... BUY THIER STOCK AND YOU WONT BEHOLDING TO ANYONE..... go go retarded college phuks and thier liberal arts degrees thinking they can run companies....

but thats just my opinion...

Sir Douglas :D

Randy :D

I agree that the employees at most of these places aer clueless... making not themselves look bad but the employer for stocking merchandise that should belong in a music store with knowledgable salesman, not a 18 punk workin his 1st job going duhhhhhhhh sorry man i cant help you dood.

It all boils down to $$$ the companies need money since thier companies are semi failing with low quality products so this is their answer.... in retail a quick fix is not always the best solution to money woes..... stockholders have no patience though... so to fix the problem... BUY THIER STOCK AND YOU WONT BEHOLDING TO ANYONE..... go go retarded college phuks and thier liberal arts degrees thinking they can run companies....

The big companies don't care about any of our musical satisfactions therin, just their revenue and bottom line. Which, as far as I'm concerned, is cool by me; everyone's gotta make a living.

The reason companies like Gibson, Costco, Guitar Cencer, Sam Ash, or whatever have become huge is because the CONSUMERS have made them this big. There isn't some kind of huge government orchestrated conspiracy to drive small businesses out of existence! If you don't like what GC, Costco and their ilk do, the solution for US, as educated consumers, is to patronize smaller, knowledgeable retailers.

If everyone who complained (not implying anybody here does this, it's just a generality) actually bought their $2000 guitar at "Mom and Pop Music" instead of buying the shiny new Lester at GC and then bitching about the quality of service they received, you'd be amazed at how quickly this "problem" would rectify itself.

I think after Melia Peavey (Hartleys wife) died....things at peavey kinda went to hell as far as supporting only mom and pop stores...I guess Hartley only cares about the bottom line anymore....lost all my respect for the product and I was once a huge proponent of waving the peavey flag but no more :D

Archived