Hamer Fan Club Message Center

Window view verses Mac view......

BTMN

When I look at this board at work on a Mac I dont know the age of, it chops up the board and is very tough to read. Windows pc no problem. Haven't looked at the board on a new Mac computer. Any ideas why?

Could be a couple of things, Gene. One, if it's old enough, the OS may have a hard time dealing with the scripts used.

More likely, though, is a shortage of video RAM. The earliest PowerMacs had only 256K of video RAM and even the hotshot graphics machines of the day only had one meg. So rendering a page like this could be pretty sevely taxing on the video system. I have a Mac of that vintage, but it's not yet web-ready, so I can't test the theory.

Also, which browser and version are you using at work? Try to make sure your browser is up to date. Although, since you're using a work computer, you might not be able to update the software without help from the techies.

I've been using Firefox 1.0 with both Windows XP and SuSE Linux 9.1. This board works like a charm with both. I have an iBook with OS X (10.3.x) and will give it a try later just to see if any problems pop up.

Since I am not allowed to make any changes. I will probably only be able to read the board at home and that's ok. I cant read the Cheap Trick board for the same reasons. I will ask what OS and what model it is. I know nothing about macs other that clicking to get it to go online. :P

I viewed the "under construction" Serial # Registry. The text does not wrap on my Mac (iBook G4; OS 10.3). I got the same results with Explorer and Safari. I haven't tried it on my G5 yet, but expect the same results.

Archived