Hamer Fan Club Message Center

Oh Dear. Lita...Umm.

Pithy wisdom from the Bard of the Muse Cafe hisself... B)

And folks are welcome to get in my grill any time they please.....until the mod hammer comes down!

Are you telling me to say it to your face?

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Reminds me of that episode of The Office where the boss was away and the rest of the employees essentially pissed a whole day away trying to decide whether or not Hilary Swank was "hot" or "not". :lol:

Quite a day here. Pettiness and CV spouting is king.

We needed this shit. It's been comparatively dull around here since the actual guitar company that spawned this board went tits up.

There's a reason Miley, Beyonce, Cher, Boy Bands and all the rest spend so much time in the gym. It's good for business.

True. But I'd add the reason *they* are at the gym (some more than others) is that if they lost their sex appeal, their careers are likely over. That's 80% of what they have going is image. (well, image and hard work) We're talking about Anne Frickin' Wilson, here. With a voice like that, size doesn't matter. Aretha didn't exactly stay svelt later in her career, and i don't know too many who would call her on that. :)

Haven't been able to hang here for a while, then when I come back I see threads like this and the (unfortunately closed) Cover Band thread.

Thank God this joint is still as entertaining as ever.

There's a reason Miley, Beyonce, Cher, Boy Bands and all the rest spend so much time in the gym. It's good for business.

True. But I'd add the reason *they* are at the gym (some more than others) is that if they lost their sex appeal, their careers are likely over. That's 80% of what they have going is image. (well, image and hard work) We're talking about Anne Frickin' Wilson, here. With a voice like that, size doesn't matter. Aretha didn't exactly stay svelt later in her career, and i don't know too many who would call her on that. :)

Meat.

Loaf.

Say what you will guys, Beyonce doesn't really belong in that statement at all (not sure how Cher got in there either??)-check her credentials and listen to her singing! She has more in common with Ann Wilson than Miley or "Boy Bands."

We needed this shit. It's been comparatively dull around here since the actual guitar company that spawned this board went tits up.

Should it be moved to the Boobies thread? :huh:

Say what you will guys, Beyonce doesn't really belong in that statement at all (not sure how Cher got in there either??)-check her credentials and listen to her singing! She has more in common with Ann Wilson than Miley or "Boy Bands."

No one is saying these people don't have skills... at least not me. Ann for instance has a world class voice.

Opinions are like assholes: everybody has one, and most could use a good bleaching.

The thing about someone being devalued by someone else's opinion is that it can't occur unless that person values the other person's opinion. My guess is that Lita Ford, an unquestionably successful musician (if not a wildly successful one) and a former member of a highly influential rock band puts zero value on the opinion of some regular Joe on an internet message board. Nor should she.

Similarly, shaming cannot occur if the person on the receiving end isn't ashamed. Lita Ford has nothing to be ashamed of, and I'd wager that she'd laugh at the notion. I'm sure the same goes for a 60-something biker chick at Sturgis with wrinkly arms and faded tattoos.

Women could totally rule the world if they could just put in perspective who's trying to keep them down...specifically people (men and women) who don't have a very high opinion of themselves and want everyone else to feel the same way.

When comparing Ms. Ford to the average sixty year old (male, female, whatever), I would say that she's in pretty damned good shape-probably better than 98% of other sixty-year-olds. And she's still out there rocking.

Love is everywhere!

What the fuck is CV spouting?

No seriously, what is CV spouting?

I think I'm being called out for claiming to have been an "athlete" at one point and related argument for such a statement. Apologies for coming off as an ass. Not my intent.

I mean, I am an ass, but it was not my intent to let anyone to know. :ph34r:

Archived