Hamer Fan Club Message Center

*sigh* Easy come, easy go...

tommy p

I'm terrible about being a black hole for equipment. I buy gear, decide I don't like it or just quit using it, and still keep it forever. I don't know why it's so hard to just let it go, but I finally made some decisions on a few items and offered them up.

I listed my '72 SG, two Mesa combos, and a couple of pedals here for a while and only moved one of the pedals. Then I put the remaining items on it on my local Craig's List and Reverb. I sold one of the Mesas pretty quick but after several weeks the other stuff just wasn't moving despite a lot of action.

Finally in a two day span, everything else sold! The other Mesa, the other pedal, and the '72 SG! I couldn't believe it! Fattened up the ol' bank account nicely and I felt not a tinge of remorse.

Then like an idiot, I buy a new guitar and another amp. Any guesses as to what amp? Yup, another Mesa combo!

Can someone please diagnose my problem so I can be properly medicated?

Then like an idiot, I buy a new guitar and another amp. Any guesses as to what amp? Yup, another Mesa combo!

"If you've been diagnosed with Mesathelioma, call the Hurtline right now...."

Sounds like terminal, recurrent GAS. A pretty effective cure for buying Mesa combos is having to carry it everywhere you go. ;):lol:

Which Mesa combo did you buy?

5:50 Express+

Sounds like terminal, recurrent GAS. A pretty effective cure for buying Mesa combos is having to carry it everywhere you go. ;):lol:

That's normally true, but the Express series are the lightest of any Mesas I've ever owned.

I have a Mesa 50 Cal I'd like to sell you.

A 50 Caliber + was actually the first Mesa I ever owned. Great amp. I can't even remember why I let mine go.

Archived