Hamer Fan Club Message Center

I need a tone opinion

Brownsound

Im still dicking with this portable studio and I know this is rough and not very good but I would like to know if the lead tone sounds pretty good on this clip. Im still working on some drum tracks for it and I need to clean it up....a lot, but here...cut this up for me wouldya?

http://home.gci.net/~drbrown/junk.mp3

The lead tone is a Budda SD 30 through a Genz Benz G-Flex 2X12. The rhythm is your old '79 JMP through the same cab.

Oh and all the volumes were at neighborhood friendly levels. You gotta love the HotPlate although the Budda does all its magic straight in...with a little effects in the loop...but no external eq-ing.

Sounds good. To me, the rhythm sounds like early Scorpions. The lead has a Scorps/Schenker/Meniketti tone to it. If that is what you are after, I think you are well on your way.

Pretty spot-on description here.

Its a weird rhythm. It kind of got stuck in my head, not my usual style. I fiddled with it because for me at least is was hard to apply my playing style too so it was a little bit of a challeng. Tone-wise though I can accept the analysis, I like the tone that Schenker gets... Meneketti gets a little processed so maybe I should back off the delay and reverb a bit. Im sure if I could crank the amp and use an omni mic mid room as well as the 57 right on the cab it would fill up a bit.

Archived