Hamer Fan Club Message Center

News From The Bench

3 minutes ago, Steve Haynie said:

They look odd.  That is what makes them cool. 

I'd prolly agree with that assessment. Non-conformity and all that rebellious shit.  😆

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
13 minutes ago, devrock said:

I'm sorry. Did you say CRACKLE CALI????????? *faints* My two favorite things put together. 

And how is it I'm only now finding out you build, too??

Because you didn't find that out- I don't build. I am the visionary (some might argue that choice of term 😆 ) and I rely on those far more adept at bringing concepts to life.

Edited by diablo175
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

P'up swap time! The Charvel DK 24 Super Stock gets one of the new Gravelin p'ups! Josh rewound the old Super D that originally came with the DK24 to be more in line with what I wanted. SO. MUCH. BETTER!

image.pngimage.png

• Like 3

Can't say enough about the Josh Gravelin's creations. Dude is VERY talented. I have been playing the newly Gravelin-equipped Charvel DK24 Super Stock for several days and it sounds f-ing fantastic. Josh has an uncanny ability to keep a pickup sounding musical <gasp> while coaxing some serious raunchy, meaty yet searing tones out of a mid-line MIM Charvel. Made this ax into an A-lister!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Won't be long now!!! Shipping tomorrow back to Shane for it's new neck!!!

Crackle Cali.jpg

Edited by diablo175
  • Like 5

Say hello to my latest Gravelin custom acquisition. Love that hue of purple! It'll look killer in my Melon Cali!!!

Screen Shot 2018-11-12 at 9.39.21 PM.png

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

So the Crackle Cali is now in the hands of Shane Huss and he's hard at work completing the replacement neck I spec-ed out with him. Got these pics today:

image.png

IMG_6880.jpg

• Like 1

New Gravelin JV Spec. in the Melon Cali! Sounds as good as it looks!*

image.png

image.png

* -if someone with talent is playing it. 😆

• Like 5

• 4 weeks later...

Snagged this (badly) modded Diablo for a little over tree-fiddy a while back and finally got around to getting it on to the operating table in my little shop of guitar horrors. Installed a new trem w/ 37mm brass fat block, kill switch/tone pot, toggle switch, pick ups, Schaller strap locks and strings.  Everything but the neck p'up works as it should and the Gravelin modified SD (now for all intents and purposes, a neon pink Mongoose) sounds killer! Fuhq yahhhh! It rawks!

image.png

image.png

Screen Shot 2018-12-19 at 9.53.00 PM.png

• Like 3