Hamer Fan Club Message Center

Money for nothin' and your picks for free

JohnnyB

520_10151795208651840_1573333101_n.jpg?o

Ya gotta give the inventor credit :lol: for coming up with this.

It's been around for a decade or more, believe it or not!

And you want to see the amount of bad reviews it gets on Amazon...

This is the first I saw one; it turns out there are multiple competing products on Amazon (and no doubt elsewhere):

It looks like there are three of four basic OEM designs that are finished and packaged with different names and colors. Some come with plastic stock graphic sheets to make colorful picks without credit cards.

81NKBVUtGWL._SY355_.jpg

I have two of 'em and they make lovely paper weights. Oh wait, I don't have papers to weight. PIF- I'll send one to anyone who wants a device that makes a flimsy, shitty pick. :P

Great innovation, but I still love my V Picks.

I agree with the V picks part! :DLove my V Picks!!!

I put those in the same gift genre as all that other crap people who know/are related to/are married to/are dating a guitar player and don't know jack about guitars.

You know, right up there with the "Life is FULL of Choices!" shirts with all the guitar pictures and junk like that! :D

I put those in the same gift genre as all that other crap people who know/are related to/are married to/are dating a guitar player and don't know jack about guitars.

You know, right up there with the "Life is FULL of Choices!" shirts with all the guitar pictures and junk like that! :D

Hey now- I like my "One wife, many guitars" shirt! Almost as much as my "Education is important but guitar playing is importanter."

YOU'RE the guy then!

To use the words of any guitar player who ever got one of those...

"Oh, you really shouldn't have!!"

:D

The one I was given a few years back is a Pickpunch.com brand. It works. I've used it before but I use Kradl picks so they don't really do me any good, but it was a nice thought. I've punched some old cards that had a pic of me on them and made picks with my face or last name on them etc.

This is the first I saw one; it turns out there are multiple competing products on Amazon (and no doubt elsewhere):

It looks like there are three of four basic OEM designs that are finished and packaged with different names and colors. Some come with plastic stock graphic sheets to make colorful picks without credit cards.

81NKBVUtGWL._SY355_.jpg

Cripes, I need to crawl out of the cave a bit more. I had no idea these infernal things existed.

Oddly, about a year ago, I spent a couple of hours tracking down all the picks I had stashed, in cases, in boxes and laying all over creation. I actually found an ancient pick from my college days in the drawer of my tool box in the garage?!?! Once I pit them all in a jar, the word crapload might begin to cover it.

So unless those gadgets can spit out quality Hamer or Shishkov picks, dicking around with the Suzie, EZ-Bake Pick Maker is not in my future. Still like the idea though. :)

I find it comical that a guitar player would be approved for a credit card.

Probably pinched from ex-girlfriends' purses.

81NKBVUtGWL._SY355_.jpg

Cripes, I need to crawl out of the cave a bit more. I had no idea these infernal things existed.

Oddly, about a year ago, I spent a couple of hours tracking down all the picks I had stashed, in cases, in boxes and laying all over creation. I actually found an ancient pick from my college days in the drawer of my tool box in the garage?!?! Once I pit them all in a jar, the word crapload might begin to cover it.

So unless those gadgets can spit out quality Hamer or Shishkov picks, dicking around with the Suzie, EZ-Bake Pick Maker is not in my future. Still like the idea though. :)

Love the EZ bake! If it came with a lightbulb and made a cake too, then you'd have something!

Archived