Hamer Fan Club Message Center

Do people like the way this forum works

hikarateboy

Question

Mostly it works fine, but a couple of little niggles, if I may.  1) I had to do some digging to figure out where the member search was.  Maybe it's just me being an old curmudgeon/Luddite, but it didn't seem as easy to use.  2) I'd like to know "who", beyond just "somebody" liked a post.  I haven't had need to attach a picture, link, etc., so I can't comment on that just yet.  Oh and the doublespace carriage return takes some getting used to.

But, as always, Ted, I'm very appreciative of your efforts over the years.  I'll likely grow up and get used to the changes soon enough. ;)

47 minutes ago, Hbom said:

Not sure yet. Will the peeps know I voted them down? Or will it just say "somebody voted you down"?

Let's find out...

ETA - Nope, looks like the votes are anonymous...  Oh, and you can't vote for yourself.

And you can't vote twice.  This'll never fly in Chicago...

The voting may break up consecutive answers which may make threads difficult to read. So, it comes with big disadvantage. 

Would anyone be able to oversee his or her vote? I think we are not used to responsive voting and rather like to clarify questions and issues in the flow. That's my view.

In addition, I tend to follow threads regardless of sections. Many times I just don't realize it had been a Q&A post, but clearly respond in context. So, I really don't care about the feature.

12 minutes ago, kizanski said:

Not feeling this voting thing.

It changes the order of the posts so you can't tell who's replying to who.

That was my concern too, but there's a "sort by" option at the top so you can go by date or answer rating.  Not too shabby.

39 minutes ago, tommy p said:

That was my concern too, but there's a "sort by" option at the top so you can go by date or answer rating

Yeah, when I noticed that I thought "oh, well okay, I can live with this".

On second thought, I don't care for the "sort by rating" view so it's only an added mouse click.  I'd rather not have it.

19 hours ago, hikarateboy said:

As you will notice I converted Ask HFC Experts to a true question and answer forum where the best answers can be voted up.  Is it working for you and do you like it?

So, this is the new Ask the HFC experts? a "true Q & A" format?

Will this be modified as well to accompany the new and improved?~

"Ask the HFC Experts

Bench Reports - Lessons - Audio Guide"

So, no more Bench reports, Lessons, audio guide, Info to share from "the experts", Tips of interest, etc. ?

Just ask a question? and watch it get up voted or down voted?

I agree with some of the other comments about it being confusing to follow and not well suited to all the content found in this particular forum.

It would be nice if it could be an option for the poster to choose, like making a poll post.  I would like it better then.

Just now, mc2 said:

Can you set this up so I get a free cellphone when I vote for someone?

Wait a minute! Let us not get into politics!

Eventually it is a matter of training. So, why not trying. I'm open minded.

1 hour ago, Andrew said:

I hate it.

We don't have trolls or svartálfar or anything like that here so I don't believe it is necessary.

I like things in order of posting.  As Kiz says, how can you tell who answered whom?

Admittedly, I had to Google "svartálfar."

4 hours ago, kizanski said:

Admittedly, I had to Google "svartálfar."

Me too. Great word, though.

Not a fan of this newfangled deal. It was just simpler the other way. And when you're stupid, simple is goob. I mean good.

On 2/11/2016 at 10:30 PM, Steve Haynie said:

We can see who is online now, and what they are looking at.  So, we will know if you are looking at the all time favorite thread.  Oh, well.  I have posted there a few times.  You know I am looking. 

So we now enjoy a pervert detection tool?? Or is it outer circle disabled? Very cool. Hide your passwords from the wife though.

Archived