Hamer Fan Club Message Center

NGD - Zebra Eclipse Gracias BCR Greg!

BadgerDave

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Badger Dave is one of the few on here that shares my appreciation for graphically powerful guitar finishes. I've seen several in his herd, over the years,  that have caught my eye!

Kudos! That's a beauty!

9 hours ago, marcnorth said:

Pics of the guitar don't seem to show up for me, though the pants do. I noticed it last time you posted pics too. I'm using Firefox, is Firefox my problem?

They don't show for me either with FF. That's why I could only comment on the pants. Sorry TBone, you know I wouldn't pick on you my friend.

This was the inspiration (on the left):

VOX023.JPG

and this is how the Eclipse left the factory:

Eclipse3PU.jpg

I really wanted to use some Kelvanator knobs, but the damn things blocked access to the blade switch. 

21 minutes ago, BCR Greg said:

Glad to be of service, Uncle Dave.

We do any and all sorts of refins here.  

We ain't skeered.

This is what I want to hear! <plotting next paint job> heh heh heh.

8 hours ago, rugby1970 said:

They don't show for me either with FF. That's why I could only comment on the pants. Sorry TBone, you know I wouldn't pick on you my friend.

Weird. I use FF and was able to see the guitar fine, which is why I posted the pants. You won't believe how popular they made me when I was walking around Manhattan on Halloween 2009. I only bring them out for special occasions now. I don't have the V220 anymore though, so without a "hair metal" guitar I feel kinda weird wearing them.

It's just absolutely perfect.

Llke a free-form random zebra pattern.

Unpredictable waves.

I like the knobs, not the typical guitar issue, but what you would find on a piece of studio gear or high end audiophile preamp.

Top one bridging two black stripes with black over white.

Black on black next.

Pure white selector cap on white.

The mini rotary knob last, almost hidden in the blackness of the stripe.

The tone to the bone cover bringing it all to an end.

39 minutes ago, Roshark said:

I would have loved to see the Zebra stripes continue up the back side of the neck . 

I see your point, but I actually like the white neck. It gives the graphics some contrast and balance.

Just a beautiful custom re-work all around. Looks like one of those “one guitar covers it all” for gigging.

17 hours ago, RobB said:

I see your point, but I actually like the white neck. It gives the graphics some contrast and balance.

Just a beautiful custom re-work all around. Looks like one of those “one guitar covers it all” for gigging.

Me too.

It brings your attention back the the body.

Coolest Eclipse evahhhhhhhh!!!  Chrome, skull knobs would be the only possible upgrade I can see.  In the running for coolest guitar evahhhhhh!!!

Cheers!

caddie 

Archived