Hamer Fan Club Message Center

Picked up a Bad Monkey!

Guest Buck Dharma

Guest Buck Dharma

I just picked up a Bad Monkey yesterday. I just wanted to chime in and say that all of you were right it's nice.

Available at MF right now for a mere $39.95!

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/srs7/fg=42/.../base_id/115690

Given that so many good OD pedals are in the $120-200 range, that sounds like a purdy good deal.

I bought three of that series - the BM, the Screamin' Blues, and the Hot Head. They're all quite cool, definitely takes on tweaked TS, Blues Driver, and DS-1, respectively.

I like the Screamin' Blues the best but they're all great, and no-brainers at the $39 ($47 for the SB) price.

Of course, I managed to score the *USA* versions, for extra vibe.

I picked up a Bad Monkey last weekend. I really like it. It won't replace any of my other pedals, but it sure has it's place especially with the Top Hat CR. I've been curious to try the Hothead and BS. Maybe this week.

Oh my Monkey is from China so it not have mojo it have it have dojo. Either that or maybe the mojo leaked out during shipping?

Guest Buck Dharma

The one I got says "Made in USA" on bottom if it matters. I like it better than my Boss Blues Driver. My Aramat Effects Green Machine is better at crunch but not as good for a clean boost. Great deal for the $.

They made a run of each of the pedals in that series in the US, then moved to China. I haven't compared the two tonally but I doubt that there is any significant difference - most of the components are all SMD anyway (read: no Keeley or Analog Mike mods).

I had an appointment with my accountant Saturday and went to the nearby GC afterward. They had the Bad Monkeys on sale for $29.99, which I had heard about on the Harmony Central board. That put me over the edge ... talk about a no-brainer price. It's a Chinese version. Noodled around with it for a few minutes on my PV Classic 50. Nice grind, nice girth. Definitely didn't suck bass like my Boss SD-1 or the OD side of my VS Route 66.

The wife got me a Bad Monkey for my birthday. VERY cool pedal. Hamer 25th Anniversary+Bad Monkey+Fender DRRI= RAWK!

Archived