Hamer Fan Club Message Center

FS: Edwards, MJT, MotorAve guitars.

1) 2014 Edwards E-LP-115-LTS-RE Jimmy Page model, bought from Japan as a leftover, 8 lbs, 2-3 hrs playing time. $900 shipped

2) 2015 MJT Strat heavy relic, USACG neck, Fred Stuart 60's set p'ups, CTS, CRL, all nitro, Lake Placid Blue, 7 lbs 8 oz, Fender tweed case $SOLD

3) Early MotorAve LeMans, white nitro, single P90, Soft Stop tailpiece, G&G case, 6 lbs 11 oz, these are $4000 with a 15-20 month wait, $3000 + shipping

NO TRADES, Lower 48 States, PayPal G&S

lemans.jpg

Eddy 1.jpg

lemans in case.jpg

LPB strat 2.jpg

LPB strat.jpg

LPB strat3.jpg

Eddy 2.jpg

eddy 3.jpg

eddy 4.jpg

eddy 5.jpg

eddy 6.jpg

1 hour ago, 0054 said:

Man,

I could literally drive down the road an hour and pick that Edwards up. That is kool. 

Somebody buy that thing!!

You really should (at least go play it).  I have its twin that's about eight years older.  They are a killer guitar and not just, "for the money", but really nice period.  They are just a great deal on top of that.

GLWTS.

1 hour ago, Boomerang~Junkie said:

If it's a stock Edwards, JP model it should have P/P pots and will have a small circuit board in the control cavity they call a, "Super Circuit".

Not necessarily. They make versions with and without the added circuitry.

20 hours ago, polara said:

If you have never a MotorAve, you have missed out. I've played some nice stuff but holy shiznit my MotorAve is...

..you just need to play one.

Mark's shop is barely a five minute drive from mine, I've still never played one. The only ones I've ever seen in person are somewhere in the build process. I don't think he even owns one of his own guitars. 

1 hour ago, Stike said:

Mark's shop is barely a five minute drive from mine, I've still never played one. The only ones I've ever seen in person are somewhere in the build process. I don't think he even owns one of his own guitars. 

He seems to be a nice guy. You should say hi. We've corresponded some and he's definitely a laid-back crafty guy. I have one of his early ones, number 0004 and it's got a neck like a baseball bat, really resonant, the most "vintage" feel of anything I've played in that it has a worn-i, comfy vibe. I am sure DEMENTED's guitar also has that "built" thing happening.

4 hours ago, polara said:

He seems to be a nice guy. You should say hi. We've corresponded some and he's definitely a laid-back crafty guy. I have one of his early ones, number 0004 and it's got a neck like a baseball bat, really resonant, the most "vintage" feel of anything I've played in that it has a worn-i, comfy vibe. I am sure DEMENTED's guitar also has that "built" thing happening.

Mark and his wife Kate are really cool. We always talk about hanging out when we run into each other but never do. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Well....I wondered that myself. I bought it from Japan, and I know Edwards is part of ESP. I know they have factories in Japan and China. I searched the interwebz and came away without a definitive answer. I read that some Edwards are milled up in the Chinese factory then sent to Japan to be sprayed and have the hardware installed and set up. I read some of the higher end stuff is all done in ESP Japan. The Navigator line is also by ESP and I think is a step up from the Edwards and is MIJ. I have also seen Edwards "Custom Shop" stuff with real flame maple tops, nitro finishes and such. I know my guitar is from 2014 so wherever they built the 2014 Edwards models is where it was made....

13 hours ago, DEMENTED said:

Well....I wondered that myself. I bought it from Japan, and I know Edwards is part of ESP. I know they have factories in Japan and China. I searched the interwebz and came away without a definitive answer. I read that some Edwards are milled up in the Chinese factory then sent to Japan to be sprayed and have the hardware installed and set up. I read some of the higher end stuff is all done in ESP Japan. The Navigator line is also by ESP and I think is a step up from the Edwards and is MIJ. I have also seen Edwards "Custom Shop" stuff with real flame maple tops, nitro finishes and such. I know my guitar is from 2014 so wherever they built the 2014 Edwards models is where it was made....

I get the same results from the web. Everything I read tells me they are great guitars. 

Ok, if you have never seen/played one in person....don't let country of origin scare you off. I have owned 3 Edwards and they all have been great. I have/do own Historic Gibson and USA Gibson Les Pauls at the same time and the Edwards holds it own against them in all areas.

• 1 month later...

Archived