Hamer Fan Club Message Center

TELECASTER PRON NEEDED

Well I keep swaying away from getting a Tele and that is really what I want but I have finally driven myself mad. As soon as the G&L moves, i'm going on a Road Trip to fin my perfect Tele, I need to put it in my hands instead of rotating through them internet deal and internet deal.

SO PLACE YOUR TELE PRON HERE!!!!

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have yet to find a "Tele" that works for me. Not for lack of trying. One that came close was a Nash (yeah, one of those relic things).

A buddy is a typical pro musician. As in, "budget restricted". ;) These days he mainly does jazz-----He does have some really wonderful archtops. For the past year or so, he has been whining about being unable to find the "right one". Without breaking the bank.

He has VERY specific requirements. Recently visited Danocaster and put down a deposit on one made to his exacting specs for only a few hundred more than a "new' Nash.

Dunno if this is more Strat than Tele, or more Tele than Strat  :wacko:...but I'll be bringing it home at the beginning of next month.  I'm told that this is a "T-Standard" model made by Benford in Wisconsin, has two SD P-Rail pickups, a Strat-style trem, a two-piece ash body, and a birdseye maple neck.  I'm buying it used, so it's built to somebody else's requirements (it's got a few factory-installed 'upgrades' such as the trem), but I don't mind considering the price:  B)

ISI5134-1000x696_zpsf21bzkgm.jpg

ISI5134b-1000x696_zpsxcqeeiq4.jpg

ISI5134d-1000x696_zpspni8fn5w.jpg

If you're ordering new, you can pick and choose your choice of features from their website...otherwise, I've found some used Benfords on Reverb.

http://benfordguitars.com/

Kubickis....

These two cira 1982 and have Strat-like tail ends and rear bevels with neck end Tele contours.

Was Phil the first builder to do this?

image.jpeg

Kubickis..

One topped with olf 60s Fender Wildwood from the Coronado run....the other black and check bound, butterscotch with '82 prototype Bardens....made for the late Howie Epstein after he joined the Heartbreakers.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

No cork sniffery here. I have an actual Fender BSB Tele, but this highly modified $109 SX Tele copy is much more intriguing. It's the mule I used to teach myself how to do fretwork and headstock reshaping on. 

ETA:  Yes, that's a small chair. Mods included a replacement nut, locking tuners, Bill & Becky Keystone Pickups, stainless steel saddles, and a pearloid guard. 

Green Tele.jpg

Musikraft does me right with these two...FEATHERS.

Roll your own. Between Warmoth, Musikraft, USACG, and others you should be able to spec out darn near anything you want.  My numerous uno is a mutt, and the $100 used Warmoth neck was the most expensive part. More than the sum of parts as they say.

DIY teles were a rite of passage in my band; it was too easy to play a guitar somebody else built lol. Everything you could want in a tele is out there somewhere. Buy it, bolt it up, and go. Finish optional lol.

Here is my Daphne blue rocker.nshe had a Rumpel Broadcaster in the bridge that just roared...,yet still twanged. It was the perfect tele. The board was almost black.

sadly, it is gone...but I have MJT creating a Telemaster body for me now.

a3ff69de6dd1e59dfa33bf95d17eee9e.jpg

10 hours ago, cmatthes said:

Musikraft does me right with these two...FEATHERS.

Envycastercompletefull.jpg

That's most certainly a flake job by Steve Dikkers. I'd recognize his checkered binding anywhere. Wonderful Tele, Chris. This one is just boss!

Well you've already seen it but you asked for it so...

857CD0C2-790F-46C5-8580-BB84C267A5A4_zps

At some point soon I will be adding a push-pull pot that will take the neck pickup only out of the tone circuit. It's not really necessary but I think it will make it a tad bit more versatile. Even without it it's a great guitar. 

-

Austin

54 minutes ago, atquinn said:

Well you've already seen it but you asked for it so...

857CD0C2-790F-46C5-8580-BB84C267A5A4_zps

At some point soon I will be adding a push-pull pot that will take the neck pickup only out of the tone circuit. It's not really necessary but I think it will make it a tad bit more versatile. Even without it it's a great guitar. 

-

Austin

Is mod even audible?

The TLE or Bluesboy are definitely on my list. Heck I really wanted to try to build one, but in the end I just want to get one in my hands and connect with it before I buy it. I've been warn thin on trying to buy online and hope to hit the mark the first time. I've been pretty luck as of late, my two main guitars are not going anywhere they are interchangeable even if they are tonally different. 

Archived