Hamer Fan Club Message Center

Ovation USA 2005 Collectors Acoustic Electric Guitar (Mint)

Mint condition Ovation USA 2005 Collectors model acoustic/electric guitar, with original case, case candy, papers, etc. Very nice sound unplugged as well as amplified, and excellent playability.

Here is a photo, there are more available upon request.

http://i119.photobucket.com/albums/o139/nosajwp/DSCN3268.jpg

$800 plus shipping to the lower 48.

Chris Bishop ("Turdus") had one of those - KILLER Ovation.  

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I don't think your price is too high.  I saw you dropped your price and I was thinking about pulling the trigger.  However when I looked at the specs I saw it had the contoured deep bowl.  My wife's 87 collector has a deep bowl and I don't care for it.  There's nothing I'd like more than to get rid of my ugly orange Legend but I really like the medium bowl.  If your 05 had a slim or medium bowl I'd definitely be replacing my orange Legend.  I'm sure acousticly your 05 sounds better than anything I own.  The reason I play Ovations is they are comfortable, they sound great plugged in, and they don't feed back at stage volume like a dreadnaught.  That 05 is one fine looking guitar.  I really like the single inlay on the fret board.  It's just finding a person looking for those specs.

Ovation 3.JPG

I agree with you...the older style deep bowl never fit me very well.  When standing up, the guitar would always face up towards the sky.  Very harsh on my left wrist too.  The deep contour bowl is not like that at all.  Because of the contour, when I stand the guitar faces out towards the audience like most other acoustic guitars would, and puts my wrist in a much more natural playing position.

Archived