Hamer Fan Club Message Center

Ultimate 0006 on an original!

Jakeboy

https://www.dropbox.com/s/srd8pc4p8g69ocz/Back%20Where%20The%20Blues2.mp3?dl=0

This is a bloozy rocker I wrote the music to. It is all me except for the BGVs.

Shishkov 0006 is the lead guitar and the rhythm guitar panned hard right. Both are through a cranked JMP. The lead does have a Diaz Texas Ranger treble booster goosing it. Rhythm is straight in.

The guitar hard left is my 1980 Special with original Dimarzios through a cranked 5f1 tweed Champ.

Can anyone guess what plays the first solo?

i am going for a rough and ready live sound....think a hyped-up bar band...

2 things;

1) Springsteen should be listening to you, not the other way around, (yeah, I'm another who has never gotten Bruce), 'cause I like this better.

2) At first I'm reminded of Bad Companys' "Youngblood", and later Nugents' "Hey Baby", both very good things from where I sit.

I like it. I wish there was more stuff like this coming out, and if there is, someone tell me who.  RJ 

Thank you for the kind words RJ. I am a hold of 70s rock and roll, and that is where I live,  so those influences are just THERE. I love 70s BC and Ted...Hey Baby is my fave Nuge tune by far.

When I wrote the song I was in a heavy blues phase...Muddy, Wolf, BB, Mayall, etc. I just wanted a heavy riff in E.

The first solo was supposed to be a harmonica, but my harp player begged off....he actually wrote the lyrics. So I decided to finish it myself. The first solo is my Bass vi.

I will post 2 more in the main forum here in a bit.

Check out Greg Martin's recent work with the Kentucky Headhunters for riff-based rnr and especially his side project, Rufus Huff....you will love RH.

Thanks 54! I have never been accused of being digitized or polite on guitar....not even when I try to play that way....,sigh.

You guys are too kind. This song was actually the second time I ever tried to play drums. Took about 9 takes until I could get it right the whole way through....I don't like splicing parts together if I can help it. I am weird that way. I want to capture a performance. So yeah, that means if I play really good and and then flub the ending, I tend to wipe it and do it again. 

Recording on a DAW is a blast!

2 hours ago, serial said:

Ted Nugent singing over Aerosmith.  Well done, sir!

Lol...you remember me well,  Serial! EXACTLY what I was going for!

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Ting Ho Dung said:

Now that's apostrophe appointment right there.

Either autocorrect or a Sussex County public school education to blame there!  

:D

I like blues-rock! Thanks for sharing. :lol:

For another recording, what about clean sounding Shiskov for rhythm guitars and some mildly overdriven lead Shishkov...?

I mean just for fun it would be nice to hear the scope of the guitar. Using only the new 0006. :wub:

Distortion works fine here. , Just curious about clean sounding Shiskov.

A slow blues perhaps? :rolleyes:

Think about it... :D

Thanks.

4 hours ago, Sentinel said:

I like blues-rock! Thanks for sharing. :lol:

For another recording, what about clean sounding Shiskov for rhythm guitars and some mildly overdriven lead Shishkov...?

I mean just for fun it would be nice to hear the scope of the guitar. Using only the new 0006. :wub:

Distortion works fine here. , Just curious about clean sounding Shiskov.

A slow blues perhaps? :rolleyes:

Think about it... :D

Thanks.

I have a slow minor blues done....I just need lyrics....it will be 0006 all clean. I have a few in the queue ahead of it that are complete.....a rocker that will be all 0006 and a fast rockabilly type blues that will be all Filtertron'd Artist!

Archived