Hamer Fan Club Message Center

0050 "Super C"

DBraz

Now that a few pictures are making their way through the "shop" section I thought it would be high time for me to share a few pictures of the Shishkov build I have commissioned which is in the early stages of being built.

My request was for a classy super strat  - I am a huge Cali fan - with Mike's own original design flair and a timeless feel. I also wanted it to have an FM body with a carved top, blended heel, wenge neck, bound ebony fretboard, 27 frets, Schaller Floyd hardware (with a twist), 1 humbucker and a single coil.  Over time, between the two of us, there have been a lot of exchanged ideas and Mike has come up with an AMAZING original headstock design.  The headstock design will remain secret for now.  The fretboard will also have originally designed inlays and the body and headstock will also have a timeless colour - which has been decided upon - but will not be revealed just yet.

The name "Super C" was what Mike's wife has been referring to the build as when it's discussed. I like it!  Reminds me of supercharged engines and seems somewhat fitting for such a guitar.

I'll try and put these photos over in order to give people a flavour of what's been happening. Exciting times.

Shishkov Super-C shape.PNG

Shishkov flame.JPG

DBrazington neck 2.jpg

Headstock bevel.JPG

• Replies 324
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Holy fuckin crap these custom order builds are gonna be something special. Not in on the ride but I am going to enjoy the hell out of all of them being presented . Congrats to all and all the patience in the world to you during the wait. Mike you rule. Glad you picked a finish, I would be lost seeing all the masterpieces that have come before, pick what you like and it will be flawless and forever satisfying! Congrats! 

1 hour ago, Steve Haynie said:

Wenge? 

coolfeel's Chaparral that was made close to the end of Hamer's run has the smoothest, nicest wenge neck. 

It's a lovely, smooth, stable neck wood often used by bassists.  I love the feel of it and the stunning chocolatey look is a huge bonus. 

That's a pretty chunky buddy as it looks right now. Really nice wood selection.

• 4 weeks later...

Just wondering if there is an update on #0050 "The Super C"

Hamerica

8 hours ago, Hamerica said:

Just wondering if there is an update on #0050 "The Super C"

Hamerica

Not yet I am afraid.  The final Ultimate is in production and this being no50 it shouldn't be far behind.

• 2 months later...

Holy flaming balls!!!

Perfect for Jerry Lee Lewis covers....."Goodness Gracious, Great Balls On Fire!"

I was thinking more "Dragonball Z", and less "Pokemon GO!"...

Archived