Hamer Fan Club Message Center

0050 "Super C"

DBraz

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 324
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I love the Super Strat look and the design elements are over the top!  This build really has me thinking outside the box as you have captured in a truly custom work of art.  Congrats ...

54 minutes ago, slipstream said:

I love the Super Strat look and the design elements are over the top!  This build really has me thinking outside the box as you have captured in a truly custom work of art.  Congrats ...

Its going to really come to life once that maple is carved.  Seriously cannot wait!

On April 15, 2016 at 11:30 PM, DBraz said:

It's a lovely, smooth, stable neck wood often used by bassists.  I love the feel of it and the stunning chocolatey look is a huge bonus. 

Not just wenge, but quartersawn wenge (notice the totally parallel grain), which doubles the stability at least. I have two Guild Pilot basses. They have quartersawn necks. The profile is similar to a J-bass but the stability is at least like a P-bass.

When Leo Fender designed his first 5-string bass, somebody at the shop asked him if they were putting in a bigger or second truss rod to handle the additional tension. In response he changed the neck spec to quartersawn. AFAIK there were no complaints.

19 minutes ago, DBraz said:

^^ Yes indeed.  To be honest feel and aesthetics won over the wenge choice for me. The stability factor is a bonus though.

Quartersawn necks spoil me. It hasn't become an obsession, but I like the Q-sawn necks of my Guild Pilots over all the other longscale boltnecks and basses I have.

• 2 weeks later...

This is turning out to be more than a bit special.

In case people were wondering this guitar is to celebrate my 40th and I was born in the year of the dragon hence the dragon chasing flaming pearls.

Credit where credit is due.  The dragon design was drawn by none other than my friend Jim (Diablo175). As some of you will be aware he is a talented artist and within days had an idea fleshed out.  Mike literally used the design for the inlays making revisions to the flaming pearl sizes to suit the frets.

Good old HFC. 

On 9/24/2016 at 4:25 AM, DBraz said:

In case people were wondering this guitar is to celebrate my 40th and I was born in the year of the dragon hence the dragon chasing flaming pearls.

Very cool!

My Shishkov is to celebrate my 50th, so the (mostly) black fretboard represents the solid bowel movements that are becoming increasingly elusive in my old age.

EDIT: Meant to say "blank" not "black" (although I experience the latter on occasion as well).

3 hours ago, MCChris said:

Very cool!

My Shishkov is to celebrate my 50th, so the (mostly) black fretboard represents the solid bowel movements that are becoming increasingly elusive in my old age.

As long as it's not represented with the fret markers.....

6 hours ago, MCChris said:

Very cool!

I ordered mine to celebrate/commemorate my 50th as well.  My wife asked if I wanted a big party, a fun getaway...I think this'll be a great way to remember this whole year!

Was hoping mine would ready for my birthday, not a special one, though at this age they're all special!:lol:

Should be in the ball park but definitely won't make the date. Doesn't really matter I am still stoked!!!

ArnieZ

Archived