Hamer Fan Club Message Center

0050 "Super C"

DBraz

• Replies 324
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 9/24/2016 at 10:58 AM, MCChris said:

My Shishkov is to celebrate my 50th, so the (mostly) black fretboard represents the solid bowel movements that are becoming increasingly elusive in my old age.

EDIT: Meant to say "blank" not "black" (although I experience the latter on occasion as well).

Funny stuff. Well, this one has balls of fire on the fretboard, so I certainly hope it is unrelated to the DBraz's bowel movements. If so, I don't even want know what's in his diet. 

19 minutes ago, Biz Prof said:

Funny stuff. Well, this one has balls of fire on the fretboard, so I certainly hope it is unrelated to the DBraz's bowel movements. If so, I don't even want know what's in his diet. 

Perhaps the Balls of Fire represent his still-blazing libido.

Would love to see video of that! ;)

1 hour ago, Duplex Dave said:

One does not need a fancy CNC machine when you have skills...

Long live the power carve!

Oh I agree completely. The fact this is being hand made is a distinct attraction over a CNC machine.  

A CNC machine would not be a drawback at all, and does not diminish the excellence of the work, but watching somebody with the skills to do it by hand with a grinder/plane can be magical!

8 hours ago, cmatthes said:

A CNC machine would not be a drawback at all, and does not diminish the excellence of the work, but watching somebody with the skills to do it by hand with a grinder/plane can be magical!

Totally.  To me it was purely the satisfaction of it being hand made.

On 10/7/2016 at 5:33 PM, cmatthes said:

Mike floats the grinding wheel just above the wood's surface, like a bee hovering over a flower, then just a light touch and glide across..

Lots of finesse there.

That takes years of practice considering the weight of that grinder and how subtle each approach is.

Archived