Hamer Fan Club Message Center

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Studio Custom said:

You got 60%.  

If my reading comprehension serves me, that's a D-.  

Given the variables, I'm happy with that.

The takeaway here is the As all sound different than the Bs, which is what everyone except you acknowledged about the neck pickup placement in a 22 fret guitar versus a 24 fret guitar. In terms of "better" as Kizanski stated in the post that got you riled up, that's a matter of opinion.

9 minutes ago, gtrdaddy said:

Based on what I just said, best I can guess is this:

JAM A is 22 fret

Groove B is 22 fret

Kal B is 22 fret

Latina A is 22 fret

Aspen A is 22 fret

My assessment as well.

2 minutes ago, Studio Custom said:

No one is correct yet, if I keep giving percentages anyone can mathematically work it out to the correct answer.  

Actually, everyone who notices any differences whatsoever between the two samples is 100% correct, because that was your point of contention.

2 hours ago, Ting Ho Dung said:

All A except Kal B are 24 fret.

What did I win?

A dodo-prize for being sucked into arguably one of the more silly debates in guitar lore. ;)

29 minutes ago, MCChris said:

Given the variables, I'm happy with that.

^ this.

Me too.

Honestly "guessing" what is, what is not, is pure bonus.

If said guitar was a sunburst with full size humbuckers, one 22, other 24. the score(s) would be higher.

Using a guitar (SS) with a close magnetic field type pickup, (single coil or single coil size humbucker) will make the distinction harder to discern.

Example, My old Jackson fusion with a single coil size humbucker in the neck position can get really close to a tone of a 22 fret.

Of all the possible variables in this "A" vs. "B" face off, you could never convince me the discernable tonal differences would be down to scale length alone. All other things can simply never be completely equal so this whole exercise is moot.

Archived