Hamer Fan Club Message Center

What's been going on in the shop - next chapter

Northfield

1 hour ago, Steve Haynie said:

Ernie Ball had picks made out of something other than tortoise shell celluloid so musicians could find their picks when they dropped them on a dark stage.  That was over 50 years ago.  You would think that someone would have come up with Luminlay years ago. 

I have glow in the dark V-Picks.  They work really well.  But I can't get used to them.  I'm a Jazz III kind of guy.  So, I tape five or six to my mic stand like some other guy that likes Hamers!

1 hour ago, cmatthes said:

This rocks!!

I agree!!

Mike, regarding the light laying on the bench. Are you leaving that there during sanding to 'side light' the project and see the contours better? Or is it just there for the photos? Thanks, Dave

19 hours ago, Duplex Dave said:

I agree!!

Mike, regarding the light laying on the bench. Are you leaving that there during sanding to 'side light' the project and see the contours better? Or is it just there for the photos? Thanks, Dave

Both -   It helps with taking pictures and also dialing in the carve when sanding.  

• Like 7

• 2 weeks later...

This is really encouraging! ;)

Looks fantastic, Mike - those inlays are pretty awesome too!

• Like 2

18 hours ago, Northfield said:

Before and after...

image1.JPG

image2.JPG

I love the inlays too, but that trademark hand carved top and neck joint are Mike's signature skills that really sets his works of art apart. 

Ok well that and the binding and the finish and the book matched AAAAA tops and..............👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻

• Like 4

That wood is just beautiful...all of it (and the pearl too).

• Like 2