Hamer Fan Club Message Center

What's been going on in the shop - next chapter

Northfield

25 minutes ago, fasteddie said:

I wonder if Mike has become a victim of his own success. His lead times are currently running at 2 and a half years (I hear), are there any amongst us that have been put off getting a Shishkov due to the wait?

Might want to check with Mike before posting what "you hear" his lead times are.   Some people have had to wait longer because they put orders in before he was tooled up or ready to work on a particular model, and other people put orders in for guitars that hadn't even been prototyped while he was working on the original Ultimate run - people knew that their guitars wouldn't be able to even get started until the 50+ Ultimates were all finished.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, cmatthes said:

Might want to check with Mike before posting what "you hear" his lead times are.   Some people have had to wait longer because they put orders in before he was tooled up or ready to work on a particular model, and other people put orders in for guitars that hadn't even been prototyped while he was working on the original Ultimate run - people knew that their guitars wouldn't be able to even get started until the 50+ Ultimates were all finished.

Hey, this is not a slight on Shishkov guitars, read the post "victim of his own success", he has been and still is successful at producing guitars, but what I hear is based in fact because of previous postings of lead times and guitars that I know that have taken this long. Like everyone here I am hoping that Shishkov continues to be successful but lead times of 2 years, in today's have it now world, may put some people off. No offence meant or implied...obviously. I have a very good friend with a Shishkov and it's a beauty no doubt.

Edited by fasteddie
Spelling and grammer.

1 hour ago, 0054 said:

The time frame doesn't matter when you are getting excellence of this caliber. Don't hesitate, order today.

This.

0054 has nailed it!

7 hours ago, fasteddie said:

Hey, this is not a slight on Shishkov guitars, read the post "victim of his own success", he has been and still is successful at producing guitars, but what I hear is based in fact because of previous postings of lead times and guitars that I know that have taken this long. Like everyone here I am hoping that Shishkov continues to be successful but lead times of 2 years, in today's have it now world, may put some people off. No offence meant or implied...obviously. I have a very good friend with a Shishkov and it's a beauty no doubt.

Mike told me his lead time was about 18 months when I talked to him on the phone...

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, soli'd said:

The wait is both arduous and totally worth it. 

Y'all think it's bad now, wait till the new thing that Mike has come up with for 0091 shows up on these pages!  

I didn't need to hear about that.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, soli'd said:

The wait is both arduous and totally worth it. 

Y'all think it's bad now, wait till the new thing that Mike has come up with for 0091 shows up on these pages!  

Doubtful its going to be as good as #0090, but we will see. ;) 

If the only complaint is the wait times are too long for impatient buyers, it is a hell of a lot better than waiting 2 years for a shitty guitar that did not hold up to the expectations of the buyer. 

• Like 6

• 2 weeks later...

I routinely see people wait anywhere from a year to (a ridiculous) 4 years for a custom axe. A year and a half for a Shishkov is absolutely nothing, IMO. (Hell, it takes me that long to finish ONE guitar with 50 mistakes, much less a pile of orders that are delivered perfectly. :D )

• Like 2

And just when I thought I already had everything I absolutely "need"! 😙

• Haha 1

• 3 weeks later...

Just a few pics of what's been underway in April...

More than meets the eye with these, for sure!

Shishkov 041519.jpg

Shishkov 041819.jpg

Shishkov 042219.jpg

Shishkov 042719 2.jpg

Shishkov 042719.jpg

• Like 13

1 hour ago, BubbaVO said:

Hmm...that SC..more pics of that? Please?

Ebony over Korina...

Shishkov 042719 3.jpg

Shishkov 042719 4.jpg

• Like 7