Hamer Fan Club Message Center

Condolences to Ken's Family

tomteriffic

I'm hoping/expecting that one of the Imperial Potentates will pin this.

I thought it might be a nice gesture if those who were so inclined could send Laura and Andy their condolences/sympathies in a tangible form.  I've no doubt that they're about 23 different kinds of upside-down right now and something tangible might be more meaningful, not to mention that the odds of something electronic getting lost in the shuffle are probably pretty good right now.  In the interest of confidentiality and to avoid the spiders, skimmers and scammers, I'll provide their address in a PM or e-mail to:

tomterifficATearthlinkDOTnet

Please be a bit patient, I have a respectable job I need to attend to too ;)

Im an older father, been the sole caretaker for almost a year now, the way Ken passed has rocked me bigtime. I never met him and only knew him through the board but man, the thought of his young son is breaking my heart, Im in

• 2 weeks later...

This is copied and pasted from some communication I've had with Laura:

"Also - it is looking like we will be having a memorial for Ken on August 6. A more somber/serious event at the A.D. Bruce Chapel on the campus of the University of Houston; an event later in the day at a local venue (Under the Volcano) for a more celebratory event with friends getting up and playing live music in tribute."

"Tom - can you please spread the word re: Ken's memorial on HFC? I will provide specific details re: more serious service (not religious) and the friends playing live music event as we are able to firm them up. I know Ken seriously treasured all of the friendships he was able to create and foster on HFC. He was on the forum ALL the time. Here is the urn I selected for his remains - I hope you'll find it fitting:"

I thought the urn was beyond awesome....

Ken's Urn.png

This just in....

Laura says...
"PLEASE SPREAD THE WORD: The date for the Ken Jones Memorial is August 6. I HAVE ADDED THE DETAILS HERE - but keep an eye out for the Event page that will be created soon. There will be two memorials - one more somber and reverent the A.D. Bruce Religion Center Chapel at the University of Houston - at 11 a.m. One more rockin' and celebratory musical tribute later in the day at 4 p.m. at Under the Volcano (2349 Bissonnet), thanks to the graciousness of Pete Mitchell. Please come show your admiration, love, and support for Ken, for our son Andy, and for me! If you would like to participate in the musical tribute, please contact Eddie Hawkins or Chuck Savage.
Andy and I welcome all support (and hugs) that we can get with open arms in this extraordinarily difficult time. We are still in the "this cannot be happening! This is NOT our life!" stage of things. Love and peace to all."
See you at the party backstage brother Ken.

• 3 weeks later...

Just got back to my hotel room. 

I have never witnessed a greater outpouring of love for someone. 

We should all be so fortunate as to have such a powerful, positive effect on so many people. 

Ken was a rare and unique individual, and everyone in the room felt it. 

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

So, this morning my iMac shit the bed.  I was working and then, pffft.

I only mention it because 8 years ago, when I was on the fence about buying a new computer, I was prepared to spend about $1,000-$1,200 for new PC.
After a phone conversation with Kenny, I was on the hook for about $2,300 for a new iMac.

Kenny loved all things Apple Computers and would wax poetic about them to anyone who would listen.

I brought my iMac to the Apple store today and my worst fears were realized. It had bit its last byte.

Kenny would be happy to know that I left the store with a brand new iMac, just as he would have suggested.

His legacy and his influence live on.

• 2 months later...

Archived