Hamer Fan Club Message Center

Don´t know, if anyone has discovered this ad on TGP:

http://www.thegearpage.net/board/index.php?threads/hamer-californian-elite-first-year-production-with-rare-features.1725640/

Looks really neat.

No aff., just trying to do a favour for those with itchy, speedy fingers.  :D

Cali-4_zpsshuxceof.jpg

Really? Wow, crazy flip. So many Calis around at the moment, is it too much to ask for a bound boarded green maple one? :)

For what it's worth, the "flipper" is a 10+ year very close friend and straight up guy, who got the guitar in a trade for another reputable high-dollar instrument, partially due in my part for singing Cali praise and this guitar's uncommon features. The Cali was for Mike's son and his son is not bonding with it. The guitar will be at my shop tomorrow for a TLC/wellness check. I will be able to vouch for it too this time tomorrow.

I'd love to have that for the OFR cavity alone. Finish would have to go, though. :lol:

Hey guys, this is my guitar. Like Jeff said, it came to me through a trade and I had no idea of the backstory of where it came from and what was paid for it. Not that it matters, as the guitar is worth what it is worth. I am not a flipper, I traded for this because my son wanted to try it. He loves the tone, which is amazing, but can'get get along with the neck. He prefers a wider nut width and larger frets. So, I am offering it up for sale or trade. If anyone is interested and has a cool trade offer...we are open. For the record, I figured the previous guy got it cheap from someone who didn't know what it was....but I am surprised it was a Guitar Center, LOL. 

Mike

8 minutes ago, mbreinin said:

....but I am surprised it was at Guitar Center, LOL. 

Mike

Guitar Center often doesn't have a clue what they have. I just grabbed a Kinal DK5 bass from them for $1400 shipped. These things list for $3400 new, and the one I received is in pretty damn fine shape.

2 minutes ago, killerteddybear said:

Guitar Center often doesn't have a clue what they have. I just grabbed a Kinal DK5 bass from them for $1400 shipped. These things list for $3400 new, and the one I received is in pretty damn fine shape.

Depends. The guitar I traded for this came from GC and they certainly knew what is was. Generally, I don't like to buy there...but my son played the guitar several times and really wanted it. I guess with more obscure things, like a Cali from '88, you have a better shot of a deal. 

No kidding! I still groan that I didn't find a means to make the unbound one (more my style) part of the harem!

Archived