Hamer Fan Club Message Center

Annette Ostrowsky

I am deeply saddened to inform the community that Annette is no longer with us. She died peacefully. We do not yet know the cause of death. Annette started with Hamer as, I believe, a 15 or 16 year old in 1980, working with us for about 20 years. Initially she leveled guitars (finish sanding) and then worked in the office, coordinating most everything. She was with Hamer until we moved to Connecticut. She was a vibrant and beautiful individual who added so very much to all that was Hamer Guitars. She will be missed.

• Like 1
  • Sad 9

Very sorry to hear the news, Frank.  I know that some of us had either met or contacted her before.  51 is way too young.

Deepest condolences to you and the entire Hamer family.

Very sorry to hear this news.  Annette was the person who arranged my visits to Arlington Heights. Annette was the person who showed me all the swag including the "Hamerica" jacket.  She would hand me off to Kevin for the quick shop tour.  For me it was like being at the "Wonka" Factory.  I am very, very sorry to hear this news. 

To Annette's family and friends, Frank and the entire Hamer family, my thoughts, condolences and prayers go out to you. 

I still wear the jacket when we see performances by artists from the Hamer Racing Team.   now it will just have a very additional special meaning. 

Best wishes,

Hamerica

• Like 1

Looks like another great individual of our Hamer family is gone, once again, too early. My deepest condolences to her relatives and friends.

• 3 years later...

Annette (2/16/65 - 8/12/16) started at Hamer Guitars in Chicago while in high school and remained with the company until it relocated to Connecticut.  As anyone knows, products are a direct representation of people who make up the company, so if you are a fan of Chicago era Hamer Guitars she can be thought of as part of the reason why.   

• Thanks 2

20 hours ago, hikarateboy said:

Annette (2/16/65 - 8/12/16) started at Hamer Guitars in Chicago while in high school and remained with the company until it relocated to Connecticut.  As anyone knows, products are a direct representation of people who make up the company, so if you are a fan of Chicago era Hamer Guitars she can be thought of as part of the reason why.   

While this is still undoubtedly sad news and everyone who passes deserves to be remembered, is there a specific reason you bumped this obituary thread from 2016?

Edited by sixesandsevens
Typo

• 3 weeks later...