Hamer Fan Club Message Center

Saw AXL/DC

AC/DC played Greensboro, NC last night. 

Axl Rose is not Brian Johnson, so it sounds like a mash-up of AC/DC and Guns 'N Roses.  His singing style and snake dance moves came through the entire night.  Axl was having a good time without taking over the show.  He sang best on the Bon Scott songs while having to reach for those high notes on the Brian Johnson songs. 

It seems like there were a few glitches in the show, but maybe I was just trying to find something wrong. 

Angus puts on a show.  His playing is still the magic spark to it all.  Stevie Young appeared to played all down strokes.  Now I have to look at videos to see if Malcolm played that way, too.  There is a style difference between Chris Slade and Phil Rudd, too. 

The setlist was long and the show was almost two and a half hours. 

Tyler Bryant & The Shakedown opened the show.  They were a good opening act.  Expect them to get bigger. 

A friend has an extra Atlanta ticket.  I might see this tour twice if he cannot sell it. 

I've seen AC/DC many times and have not missed a tour since Blow Up Your Video.  I was debating going to Greensboro up until the day of the show but ended up not going, and they did 7 songs I've never seen them do live (of course 2 were from the new album).  I cannot believe they did Live Wire!  Now I'm going to do all I can to go to DC.

I'll be seeing them at MSG in a couple of weeks. I'm actually really looking forward to this (as well as taking my 7-year-old son, who loves AC/DC). 

To be honest, Axl is blowing me away this year. The GnR tour was mind-blowing. They played a FLAWLESS set for nearly 3 hours when I saw them in NJ. And for him to just flip a switch and do the AC/DC shows is incredible to me. I don't think I ever gave him that much credit for what an outstanding musician/singer he is. He's certainly making up for any lost time and hurt feelings in the past. I never saw them back in the day simply b/c he was such an ass and never showed up half the time. And, from what I've heard, their shows back then were horrible b/c of how wasted they always were.

Axl is a talented guy... it's a shame that he couldn't get it together with slash sooner

but the dude is having a terrific year,   the ac-dc thing could have made him look

like a jackass,  but I thought he did pretty well  especially that it fell right in the

middle of the gnr thing...

Archived