Semi-Hollows?

prototype-fan

• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, 0054 said:

25.5 scale and u got a friend!

What he said!

Spruce!!!! According to The Book, Mike came up with the idea for the Jazz type that morphed into the Newport, which many consider the best Hamer ever.

I am still in the honeymoon stage with mine but OMG it truly is incredible and even has figured spruce on top...

Why am I talking about the Newport in this thread? Because Mike's spruce take on a semi-hollow will take it all to another level, if my Ultimate is any indicator.

Luthiery (is that a word?) history is being made right before our eyes....

• 2 weeks later...
On 19.3.2017 at 5:39 PM, tobereeno said:

well, I now know what I'm going to ask for my 2nd Shishkov order!!

Well, I can only imagine a double neck for you toby! :P

15 hours ago, bubs_42 said:

Gravelin:Shishkov.jpg

Wow! Is it a leather top? It looks pretty much bondage geared. Really hot those pups!

4 hours ago, gorch said:

Wow! Is it a leather top? It looks pretty much bondage geared. Really hot those pups!

I have a bucker-sized P90 from Josh in one of the Deans here with the same "package".  I have never had a bucker sized P90 that i liked as much as a "real" P90.  When i talked with Josh, i asked if that could be due to the chrome covers, so he came up with this config.  Ended up with a *great* sounding P90.  The bucker in the bridge had the same chrome wrap and exposed coils, so the overall look was cool.  Not that that matters to the ears, but it does to the eyes... :) 

3 hours ago, veatch said:

I have a bucker-sized P90 from Josh in one of the Deans here with the same "package".  I have never had a bucker sized P90 that i liked as much as a "real" P90.  When i talked with Josh, i asked if that could be due to the chrome covers, so he came up with this config.  Ended up with a *great* sounding P90.  The bucker in the bridge had the same chrome wrap and exposed coils, so the overall look was cool.  Not that that matters to the ears, but it does to the eyes... :) 

I've grown very fond of P90's. I just told him what I was looking for and i'm sure he nailed it, he always does. Iron is hot on the table, i'm going to install another set of Gravelin's tonight.

On April 14, 2017 at 2:25 PM, BubbaVO said:

Spruce top.  Tricked out P-90s.  Mike Shishkov designing something new.  

I'm locked into this. 

Heck I don't even know what its going to look like! :blink: Mike knows more about building guitars than I do, I just made the request i'll leave the guitar making up to him. 

??

PICS??

• 4 weeks later...

I would rather kill you guys a little at a time. ;) If Mike wants to release shots, its up to him and i'm ok with whatever he wants to do. 

Although it sounds like more fun to just make you guys wait. :P

No pics, it didn't happen!    

Oh wait that was another thread. 

Sorry! Carry on!

Mike, maybe just a tease? 

Did you guys miss this pic?

IMG_0108.JPG

Archived