Hamer Fan Club Message Center

Semi-Hollows?

prototype-fan

• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, DBraz said:

I'd be very surprised if anyone here could answer that conclusively bar Mike Shishkov himself.  Probably best to contact him directly for those kind of answers.

... and post/make him shout out the reply here.

More than one are interested...

1 hour ago, DBraz said:

I'd be very surprised if anyone here could answer that conclusively bar Mike Shishkov himself.  Probably best to contact him directly for those kind of answers.

+1!  Besides, it depends on what your definition of 'semi-hollow' is...technically, a chambered guitar is 'semi-hollow', yes?

The Ultimates were chambered, and his single cut model is also chambered.

As far as building a "true" semi-hollow, DBraz nailed it - send Mike an email!  He's often too busy making sawdust fly that he can't check in here as frequently as he might like.

13 hours ago, Northfield said:

If you're referring to a  semi-hollow with an f-hole similar to an artist, then yes, I have something in the works.  

Yes, that's what I meant. Very cool. I was more curious than anything else, so I didn't want to bother Mike with the question unless I was planning on asking him to build something.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

I am trying to be good, so best I do NOT ask Mike any time soon. But if I was to find a path to a semi-hollow korina body (with or without f-holes). korina neck, ebony board, 2 volume and 2 tones and the "right pickups" in the doublecut model,  I just might be falling off the wagon. Hard!

9 hours ago, django49 said:

I am trying to be good, so best I do NOT ask Mike any time soon. But if I was to find a path to a semi-hollow korina body (with or without f-holes). korina neck, ebony board, 2 volume and 2 tones and the "right pickups" in the doublecut model,  I just might be falling off the wagon. Hard!

Just pedal more of that "Junk" you have laying around and order one. 

All you or anyone else has to do is ask for it. Worst he can say is YES. ;) 

You have those who watch from outside the curtain hoping to catch a glimpse of a Unicorn and you have those who pay the money to get behind the curtain. 

1 hour ago, bubs_42 said:

Just pedal more of that "Junk" you have laying around and order one. 

All you or anyone else has to do is ask for it. Worst he can say is YES. ;) 

You have those who watch from outside the curtain hoping to catch a glimpse of a Unicorn and you have those who pay the money to get behind the curtain. 

Working on it. Five more guitars sold thus far in 2017, the latest being a "vintage" Martin D-35. Right now I feel a compulsion to keep cleansing before committing to any more purchase commitments. Shishkov will be at the top of the list when I get closer to my goal.

7 minutes ago, django49 said:

Working on it. Five more guitars sold thus far in 2017, the latest being a "vintage" Martin D-35. Right now I feel a compulsion to keep cleansing before committing to any more purchase commitments. Shishkov will be at the top of the list when I get closer to my goal.

My next build is getting closer to starting. It is not going to be flashy, more classy but still fun to see unfold. 

Considering the Improve, and the two "Jazzboxes" Mike made for his daughters, I would thing that it's just a matter of the right time to launch a new model. 

Look at it this way; you'll see a hollow body before I see a bass :(:D

• 1 month later...
14 minutes ago, 0054 said:

Spill, or we gut you!

Like I said before, my legs buckle thinking about this... Cannot stop!!!

I don't have a crystal ball, but if you're serious (not just kicking tires), contact Mike and talk with him about it!

11 minutes ago, 0054 said:

Easier said than done, I still gotta save allowance for 0054... I'm not filled with discretionary funds, but you are giving me some great pointers! LOL. I most likely will discuss with Mike at some point soon. 

Same boat, floated my Ultimate to fun my Ultimate. ;) Then I just had to order a guitar that I knew would get used on a daily bases, and just yesterday I received a package that may take that order to whole other level of coolness. 

I got something last week that may require an entirely new Shishkov...

:D

• 2 weeks later...

Archived