Hamer Fan Club Message Center

New Single from The Hawthornes - Drive Me Wild

coolfeel

12 minutes ago, Jack C said:

Holy cow, that's really good!   The new singer sounds fantastic.

Are you guys named after the Hawthorne neighborhood?

Thank you Jack!  I will pass that along to him - it was tough losing a key member but we've been real fortunate with the new guy, all the way around.

About the name; when we all first got together to meet, we met at my place on Hawthorne Lane.  The drummer suggested that as a name - we thought he was kidding - he wasn't.  Since no one else had any other ideas, that's what we rolled with... 

I really dug it!!! :)

My ears LIT THE FUCK UP when you started blazing like Lukather/Graydon! The solo was phenomenal!

The song is SUPER killer!!

New singer is REAL good! Does 101.9 play any local tunes? 91.7 does I think... the song is perfect for radio.

Wow -- that's amazingly mature. Loved the whole track. Definitely a wee bit in the Toto territory and like zen said - those fluid Lukather runs in the solo near the end with just that perfect bite. Probably what I like about this song is that it sets you up hungry for the next song an the album. It's a single for sure if you want it to be, but it's also very much an album track that leaves you hungry for more.

Love how it starts off all friendly like then abstracts into some angular cubic 3 dimensional mind bend with a tiny bit of menace, then this almost angelic vocal gives you some human smooth to carry you through this very adult landscape before opening up the sky in the chorus to bath you in some quick rays then back into that dark forest....

Listening several times here - cranked up in the studio - just great tones and perfect dynamics - this is very well produced - blending all those guitars and keyboards -- wow  - whoever got that mix really nailed it.

And that singer --- I sense greatness there --- I really do.

OK --- still listening - you've got a new fan in Vancouver for sure.

I have to agree with all that's been said thus far- this is some great stuff, Mike! Solid production, excellent performances, quality stuff right there, my friend! Love the tones of your guitar. Very impressive maturity, groove and precision to your chops.

8 hours ago, zenmindbeginner said:

I really dug it!!! :)

My ears LIT THE FUCK UP when you started blazing like Lukather/Graydon! The solo was phenomenal!

The song is SUPER killer!!

New singer is REAL good! Does 101.9 play any local tunes? 91.7 does I think... the song is perfect for radio.

Thanks Zen - glad you dig it!  I had to google Graydon - wasn't familiar with his name but was surprised to see what he's written and/or been involved in.  I'm a little embarrassed for not being more familiar.  But I certainly appreciate the very generous comparisons!

4 hours ago, Dasein said:

Wow -- that's amazingly mature. Loved the whole track. Definitely a wee bit in the Toto territory and like zen said - those fluid Lukather runs in the solo near the end with just that perfect bite. Probably what I like about this song is that it sets you up hungry for the next song an the album. It's a single for sure if you want it to be, but it's also very much an album track that leaves you hungry for more.

Love how it starts off all friendly like then abstracts into some angular cubic 3 dimensional mind bend with a tiny bit of menace, then this almost angelic vocal gives you some human smooth to carry you through this very adult landscape before opening up the sky in the chorus to bath you in some quick rays then back into that dark forest....

Listening several times here - cranked up in the studio - just great tones and perfect dynamics - this is very well produced - blending all those guitars and keyboards -- wow  - whoever got that mix really nailed it.

And that singer --- I sense greatness there --- I really do.

OK --- still listening - you've got a new fan in Vancouver for sure.

Thanks Dasein - I really appreciate you taking time to listen and to share your thoughts.  I am glad you dig the song and I will share your feedback with the band and our singer - I know he will really appreciate your kind words!

1 hour ago, diablo175 said:

I have to agree with all that's been said thus far- this is some great stuff, Mike! Solid production, excellent performances, quality stuff right there, my friend! Love the tones of your guitar. Very impressive maturity, groove and precision to your chops.

Thanks my shredder brother!  Thanks for taking time to listen - the rest of the songs on this album are ALL over the place - it's gonna be interesting to hear what folks have to say.  

Wow. That really does sound like early 80s radio fare....and I mean that as a compliment. VERY well produced, engineered and mixed.

You guys are good.

13 hours ago, jettster said:

Awesome!! Really like the fact that it has its own vibe, top notch like everything else I've heard from you. Even the old band that you posted was killer.

After the dance sounded really good too btw.

Thank you sir, and thanks for checking out the other song as well!  

Very Toto like. I love it! The song has it. Great guitar solo. 

ETA: played the Dantzig on it?

2 hours ago, gorch said:

Very Toto like. I love it! The song has it. Great guitar solo. 

ETA: played the Dantzig on it?

Hi gorch - thanks for checking it out - glad you like it!

I believe I used the Tally Pro on this one.  I used the Dantzig on some other stuff including another cut we have on SoundCloud entitled After the Dance.  Generally the Tally Pro gets the most time as it can do just about anything I need with it's updated electronics.  But, I'm spreading the love to other guitars on this album - my chaparral is getting quite a bit of work too!

• 2 weeks later...

Archived