Hamer Fan Club Message Center

Steve Vai Tour Dates

Steve Haynie

It's bizarre that he's routing to Kelowna and Nanaimo, instead of say, Vancouver and Victoria. It's particularly weird to have a date in that half-a-horse town, Nanaimo. If he played there back when people gave a shit about guitar music, he would have been carried through the street as a damn hero. Lead by a 17 year old me.

Regardless, I've got my second row ticket....:P Better late than never.

I think I'll take my son to see him at The Plaza in Orlando.  It's an old movie theatre near the Navy Base.  It's one of the best sounding venues in town.  Just ask Joe Bonamassa.

I'll play Flex-Able in the car on the way.  I'll  hit him with Ladies Night in Buffalo right before we arrive. It'll be fun.

Holy shit; he's playing 15 minutes away from where I live. Which I guess makes sense since he grew up about 10 minutes away from where I live :D Needless to say, a ticket has been purchased! I've only seen him in concert once, in Hartford CT when he was touring Real Illusions (in 2006?). It will be awesome to hear him do all of P&W live, even more so if his band includes any of Mike Keneally's crew. 

-

Austin

• 1 month later...

Two hours and twenty minutes of entertainment shined upon all of us in Charlotte!  There was no break.  The band just played straight through the entire time. 

Steve Vai apparently never learned what a whammy bar is really for.  He would pull the bar out of the bridge and use it to slide or tap on the strings. 

2016-11-18%2022.44.00_zpsv2jlzqfa.jpg

2016-11-18%2022.44.03_zpsxk7hqynd.jpg

2016-11-18%2022.44.12_zpsxvx7ffrh.jpg

Here is the setlist.

There are still tour dates across the Southeast and into the Western states.  Absolutely go if you can! 

I missed him this time through.  Saw him back in May on the Generation Axe tour, and I'm bummed to have missed the Passion and Warfare show.  Oh well, I hear there's talk of an Eat 'Em and Smile" tour.   That could be fun.  

2 hours ago, Thundernotes said:

I missed him this time through.  Saw him back in May on the Generation Axe tour, and I'm bummed to have missed the Passion and Warfare show.  Oh well, I hear there's talk of an Eat 'Em and Smile" tour.   That could be fun.  

I thought for sure the Eat 'Em thing would be a go for the 30th anniversary this year.  Seems like they missed the window.

But then again, I made up a scenario of Van Halen doing the 30th anniversary of 5150 this year as well, when EVH dug out his Steinberger and sent it to Babicz for a overhaul.

Wishful nostalgia on my part. :rolleyes:

http://www.guitarworld.com/eddie-van-halen-reveals-newly-restored-iconic-steinberger-5150-guitar/26076

Steinberger_FB.jpg

Archived