Hamer Fan Club Message Center

My 1980 C&B Sunburst, Artist Custom and a Gibson R9 FS on Reverb

Don't know why, but when I click the link in the OP it goes to Dave's emporium of guitar curiosities, but then the list is empty and I can not see anything.

Do I do anything wrong or could it be because I am not in the USA (but in the Northeast Caribbean)?

19 minutes ago, cornjulio said:

yep, just change the location on reverb to "anywhere" and you will see some very red guitars in Dave's store..

Thanks very much,

I also see a beautiful honey Artist!

Gabe  :)

1 hour ago, murkat said:

Should be.

I Built it out. :)

Well, now I'm going to have to raise the price!  I knew there was some extra mojo in this one.

Kidding about raising the price (but I should).

The Artist sold immediately.  The R9 took a couple of months, but sold tonight, not sure if posting it here was responsible.  I didn't recognize the buyer as an HFCer, but thanks if anyone here made the referral - let me know.

I'd also appreciate any thoughts about the price on my Sunburst. I had one offer of $1,800.00.

Hi Dave, Thorsten here !

I had a hard time selling my way cool all original 1982 Sunburst (was cherry faded to sort of an amber/lemon burst). Finally, after lowering the price to €1350 after a few months, a swedish guy stopped by Hamburg on his way down south and picked it up without bargaining anymore.

Sales in Europe are slow if it doesn't say Gibson or Fender on the headstock.

But also, especially in Europe, expect the prices to increase for higher quality/custom shop guitars on account of the new EC CITES 2 regulations for ANY kind of rosewood and also some kinds of bubinga.

I had to have all my guitars registered (still waiting for approval by authorities) as of Jan. 2, 2017. I am allowed to have them, but need to prove that they were in the EC before that date (invoice, private sales receipt or even a date stamped foto will do).

The offer you received (at least for the current German standards) seems quite ok to me. The last 100% original (all black) Sunburst I saw going in Germany sold for €1150 plus shipping to the US ...

Cheers Todde

On 1/9/2017 at 5:27 PM, murkat said:

Hand picked Pro shop GCS built R9. Lots of love, attention, detail.

It's a nice one.

My love affair with Gibson least the newer ones ended quite awhile back but I have to agree...................that is SHARP! and very cool I'd own that one!

Archived