Hamer Fan Club Message Center

Hamer Guitars USA might be coming back soon.

BCR Greg

• Replies 588
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Whatever happens or not, I'm going to enjoy reading all the comments and speculation, the rumors and the truths.

12 minutes ago, Hamersaur said:

This. And maybe cases.

And checkerboard straps...

...and truss rod covers...

...and Sustain Block vibrato arms...

...and Sustain Block bridges...

...and certain pickup bezels...

...and certain cavity covers...

...and certain pickguards.

Sounds like an AllParts for the Hamer brand.  Hmmm....perhaps the venture could be called "OldPharts".

LOL!!!!  I Have no ideal what Greg is doing.   But I know there is a few irons in the fire... The Brand could of been sold a few times over.  I've heard some great ideals. The brand will not make a corporation Rich. But it will make a few guitar makers Wealthy.    I predict some  Hamer surprises in 2017.    

For the record.....I was approached by someone with the news that the Hamer brand is coming back at NAMM.  They sent me a list of import guitars with pricing.....and I was not impressed.  The parent company is discussing the feasibility of restarting the Hamer USA brand, and the man in charge is who I am meeting with.

I did NOT say that I will be a dealer for the new brand....or anything else that would "sell my brand".

The assumptions made say more than I did.

Have a nice day.

41 minutes ago, kizanski said:

I'm meeting with the Queen of England and the Easter Bunny this weekend on Saturn.  

Stay tuned. 

Can you bring me back a Saturn rock?

I need at least one sustain block bridge, a motherbucker pickup ring, and I'd buy some straps.  Agreed with the concept that you'd be looking either at sub $1k imports or $3k US models.  And which would you (they) make?  It seems like PRS is having trouble enough, why would Fender wade back into that market?

40 minutes ago, gatorbyte007 said:

LOL!!!!  I Have no ideal what Greg is doing.   But I know there is a few irons in the fire... The Brand could of been sold a few times over.  I've heard some great ideals. The brand will not make a corporation Rich. But it will make a few guitar makers Wealthy.    I predict some  Hamer surprises in 2017.    

Not really.  NO ONE will become wealthy making Hamers.  Unless some idiot 'investor' is looking to toss a lot of money down a big hole...

You mofos are too funny! Real butter on mine please!

i have a Newport arriving Friday and remain in absolute guitar love with my Ultimate....and my Artist has the greatest neck in the history of guitardom. If the REAL Hamer peeps aren't involved, I have no interest. It'll just be like people buying the Guild name and building guitars that look like Guilds but really aren't. 

Pass the Shishkov salt, please.

47 minutes ago, Jakeboy said:

It'll just be like people buying the Guild name and building guitars that look like Guilds but really aren't.

So, you're saying my New Hartford Guild is not a "real" Guild? That's upsetting!

You must be referring to the Tacoma, Corona or Oxnard Guilds, right? Right?

Huhuhuhuhuhuh...! "nard"...

I know I'm not one of the REAL regulars here, but I'm actually hoping it happens.

I can see it now.

The guitar will be above average quality, but won't scratch the itch that everyone was hoping for.

There will be a flood of them in the use market a few months after their debut.

I'll end up finding a mint one in a pawnshop for about $200, because they won't know what it is.

Bring them on!!!!!!!

I'm not wearing any pants.  But seriously, this kind of reminds me of Indian motorcycles.  Investors buy the name and put out a product they call "Indian".  If this Hamer USA resurrection happens, there will be the debate over who has a "real" Hamer and who has the new ones.  No disrespect to Greg or anyone else who chimed in on this.  I am satisfied with the two Hamers I have and will not be looking to buy any new guitars, as I approach my 60th birthday. (!)  In the early '90's I was looking into getting back into playing guitar and was looking for something like the old Gibbys I was used to when I was younger.  Hamer's "modern vintage" thing struck a chord in me and I saved my pennies and bought a Special.  Wish I still had it.  I'm an old goat now and at this point in my life I seek that which is elusive but attainable:  an LP that has been vetted by a trusted member of the HFC.  I would not buy one sight unseen otherwise.  ( Damn you Badger Dave for tempting me). The HFC has never let me down on a guitar purchase.  This is a great forum!  Let the cards fall where they may.  I'm with the others that said the ship has sailed.   New Hamers? Regardless of the quality, meh...  YMMV

Archived