Hamer Fan Club Message Center

Hamer Guitars USA might be coming back soon.

BCR Greg

21 minutes ago, cynic said:

Yet said insider is making the same assumption the long-time outsiders are that the new product would be based on or trying to imitate the old product.

If it isn't why even consider using the name?

• Replies 588
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, Northfield said:

I feel very fortunate to have had the opportunity to work with Frank, Jol, Steve Ward and many other very talented people over my many years at Hamer.  I've always been proud of the guitars that we built and I second what Bob said about the fact that there is a process that makes a Hamer a Hamer.  It's not a process that is well suited for mass production, it takes time, attention to detail and an ability to "read" the wood.  you can't force the process.  The overall team envionment and the trust that was given to us to make decisions on the floor was just as important. Things weren't pushed off to the end of the line, if something wasn't right, it was addressed or scrapped at any point during the build. I hope that if it is brought back, it is done the right way. I'd love to see other young kids get the same opportunities I had.  

You remember a guy named Ryan Welcome?

1 hour ago, Ting Ho Dung said:

This thread is about USA Hamer coming back. When USA Hamer shut down did it also involve the imports? Are they still making those over there?

Interesting question! I had assumed the entire brand went down, either import or not. 

They did - the sell off of imports were mostly through liquidators and some dealers, apparently.

So, basically, Kaman has a new name (KMC) under the Jam umbrella and has brought back the Hamer name, starting with imports, possibly to include domestic models at some point.

Did that bit of news really require a click bait thread title and 8 pages of drama?

11 minutes ago, unfun75 said:

Did that bit of news really require a click bait thread title and 8 pages of drama?

Probably....

39 minutes ago, unfun75 said:

So, basically, Kaman has a new name (KMC) under the Jam umbrella and has brought back the Hamer name, starting with imports, possibly to include domestic models at some point.

Well, no, but it IS the HFC, after all! :D

2 hours ago, unfun75 said:

3471146.jpg

2 hours ago, unfun75 said:

Consider the source and their motivations.  

Well, It seems like they choose to call the Studio "The Archtop" now, but also "Sunburst", a bit confusing (as usual, glad to see nothing has changed on that part).

The Standard and Vector now seems to have both mahogany bodies and necks. Didn't the imports use to hava maple necks? Two "Hamer humbuckers"?

Someone must check them out at NAMM and give us a quality report. The Standard looks nice in the pics.  
A free Snickers bar to the first review on this board.

Well, I can't spot any Artist in the pics. There seems to be a naming failure in the text as the Sunburst is supposed to be called the Archtop now.

Surprisingly, the Standard now had been lifted to mahogany from alder. That would be just great if the build quality would be as great as I had seen it last time from the Indonesian builds. One had to replace some parts to lift it to pro level though. Still not an USA, but who cares in times where tropical woods are becoming illegal.

39 minutes ago, atquinn said:

Umm, unless I'm missing something, those are the exact same imports that have been floating around for years. Didn't care then and don't care now. :D

-

Austin

Well, it would make alota sense having the same factory produce them now, as before. They already have the CNC files and knows how to build them.

Archived