Hamer Fan Club Message Center

Hamer Guitars USA might be coming back soon.

BCR Greg

• Replies 588
  • Created
  • Last Reply
55 minutes ago, ARM OF HAMER said:

http://www.musicradar.com/news/guitars/namm-2017-hamer-guitars-is-back-back-back-647353 Quote. "Now this great iconic brand returns to NAMM to meet the pent up demand from a new generation of players with exact reissues of the most popular models Hamer has been selling for over 20 years." :huh:

Pent up demand? Exact reissues?

3 hours ago, JimiH said:
3 hours ago, gorch said:

The video is a fake...

Looks like a video to me? 🤔

You didn't get the point here.:(

8 hours ago, ARM OF HAMER said:

I'll do one better....................................ibhojr.jpg

I sense I'm being mocked... Quickly, someone point out the nearest safe space... (just kidding. I'm no snowflake.)

FMIC has been selling off a lot of acquisitions that it ruined lately. They sold off KMC in various pieces to different companies. They also sold off Guild, which now has USA produced acoustic guitars again.

Also, Hamer was pretty much "included" when FMIC bought it. What they realy wanted was KMC's distribution network and such. Of course, they then sold that too, so in the end, I have no freakin idea why FMIC ever bought Kaman music. Maybe just to keep someone else from buying it.

16 hours ago, murkat said:

Last day of Namm, check.

Page 19, check.

I think we stayed tuned....  :ph34r:

What's the word.

Oh boy! :lol:

4 minutes ago, zorrow said:

16 hours ago, murkat said:

Last day of Namm, check.

Page 19, check.

I think we stayed tuned....  :ph34r:

What's the word.

Oh boy! :lol:

It's all fake! Believe me. B)

22 hours ago, Gino said:

I thought Kaman was bought by FMIC - so FMIC is selling Hamer guitars ? If so, they should've done better - a lot better!

FMIC sold Kaman to JAM Industries. JAM also recently bought U.S. Music, the parent company of Washburn. That would explain why the Hamer display was in the Washburn booth. FMIC has nothing to do with Hamer anymore.

57 minutes ago, JohnnyB said:

FMIC sold Kaman to JAM Industries. JAM also recently bought U.S. Music, the parent company of Washburn. That would explain why the Hamer display was in the Washburn booth. FMIC has nothing to do with Hamer anymore.

Well, FMIC sold KMC to JAM Industries - Kaman is still thriving in the Defense/Aerospace sector! ;)

9 hours ago, tbonesullivan said:

....no freakin idea why FMIC ever bought Kaman music....

FMIC knew waaaaay before they bought it they could part it out and cash in. It's always about the money.

So after reviewing most of this latest attempt of a new iteration of the "thread from hell" I still haven't been able to cut through the bs, hyperbole, and stone cold vindictiveness to determine if Made in the USA Hamers are going to be made again or not. A simple yes or no would suffice. 

I know, I know, I  rear my ugly old head only once in a blue moon only to stir up shit by asking for a simple response to a simple request. 

@Devrock Yes, but imports. 

I have nothing against well made imports, the ones coming out of the World Musical Instruments company in South Korea are a great value. I have a Zach Meyers PRS SE from there that is a great guitar and a Chinese Ibanez AS 153 that is also well made. They aren't USA models and therein lies the rub.

I want to see who would make them here and the price point. I don't care if any old Hamer guys are involved or not. There are many skilled people available who can make them just as well as the old crew. Then the comparisons and ensuing debates over old to new and import to domestic can begin in earnest.

46 minutes ago, Brewmaster said:

So after reviewing most of this latest attempt of a new iteration of the "thread from hell" I still haven't been able to cut through the bs, hyperbole, and stone cold vindictiveness to determine if Made in the USA Hamers are going to be made again or not. A simple yes or no would suffice. 

I know, I know, I  rear my ugly old head only once in a blue moon only to stir up shit by asking for a simple response to a simple request. 

Nice to hear from you! It's like old home week!

I suspect much of the brouhaha (Brewhaha?) was due to the perceived unlikelihood of the question raised in the original post being definitively answered. 

17 minutes ago, jwhitcomb3 said:

Nice to hear from you! It's like old home week!

I suspect much of the brouhaha (Brewhaha?) was due to the perceived unlikelihood of the question raised in the original post being definitively answered. 

Jon, same here.  

and guess what? The main question still hasn't been answered. One can hope somewhere along the line the new owners of the name will at least try a special edition of one of the models to test the waters to see if any kind of a formal USA re-launch would be feasible.

Just now, Brewmaster said:

So same ol', same ol'.......and we go round and round and round in the circle game. (Circle jerk?) 

I was about to type "without the guitars we need to hang our hats on something connected to the past" but the guitars have in fact come back (albeit imports only).

1 hour ago, Brewmaster said:

@Devrock Yes, but imports. 

I have nothing against well made imports, the ones coming out of the World Musical Instruments company in South Korea are a great value. I have a Zach Meyers PRS SE from there that is a great guitar and a Chinese Ibanez AS 153 that is also well made. They aren't USA models and therein lies the rub.

I want to see who would make them here and the price point. I don't care if any old Hamer guys are involved or not. There are many skilled people available who can make them just as well as the old crew. Then the comparisons and ensuing debates over old to new and import to domestic can begin in earnest.

I'm guessing if they made no mention of a USA line, then there's your answer. Has Karan EVER made guitars here? I don't believe so. I, too, have zero interest in any imports.

Archived