Hamer Fan Club Message Center

PSA- '86 Chaparral pawn shop

No affiliation:  http://www.ebay.com/itm/HAMMER-6-string-electric-guitar-Floyd-Rose-/142259769864?hash=item211f57d208:g:kfEAAOSwopRYi53j

If it's an '86 with three mini-toggles, won't that make it a set neck?  No pic of the backside.  Would it have had the natural finish at that time?  Headstock looks like it was white.

At $600 obo, shipping included, I was tempted even though I don't need another Floyd guitar.  No case is mentioned.

s-l1600-2.jpg

9 minutes ago, mc2 said:

Prob a short-scale, setneck. Funny how they stripped it but left the one teeny bit between end of fingerboard and neck PUP...haha. Too lazy to remove PUP.

I thought it looked like the color of the neck wood in there, which raised my confidence that it should be a set neck.  Looks like the neck was stripped too, up to the headstock (looking at the photos on eBay).  I didn't really want to take the chance that the body has been treated with some sort of oil finish that would nix the possibility of painting it ever again.

FYI, he'll take $500 for it... he originally had it listed with a Buy It Now for $500 then bumped it up to $600... no case is included  but will offer a case for an additional  $20... although I would be a little leery about his negative feedbacks... :ph34r:

1 hour ago, murkat said:

it is. that is the maple neck tenon between end of fretboard / pickup cavity.

Like this~

CPbJRCp.jpg

A fretless Chap!!

Archived