Hamer Fan Club Message Center

2005 Special K - #2 of 10

https://reverb.com/item/4134924-hamer-custom-slmk-special-k-2005-korina

Hi all. I am selling my 2005 Special K (Custom Slammer SLMK). 

I can't load a good photo to save my life on the message, so I included the link to my Reverb sale.

I really, really, really hate to part with it but life circumstances say it must go.

28 minutes ago, sonic1974 said:

Wasn't there someone on the board posting he was looking for one? 

Northsider is looking for the single pickup version (The Ecstasy)

47 minutes ago, cmatthes said:

Oh , that's right. Got mixed up. 

49 minutes ago, cmatthes said:

This one is the better deal: He may chose, which PU to dump!

:ph34r:

Not a Slammer, presumably. I swear I've seen MIK versions of thr Spec K since the factory's demise. Never associated the term with USA or quality, but I guess they called these Slammers too at one time. 

No MIK "SLAMMER"............ this guitar is a USA built guitar and 1 of 10 produced in 2005...........................originally named the "SPECIAL K" it was later changed to Hamer "Custom Slammer SLMK". The single pickup version of this guitar is the "Hamer Custom Slammer.SLME" I looked at buying one of these before I bought my last Hamer "Sunburst" its a way cool and very rare Hamer guitar.. Best of luck to the seller!

1 hour ago, kanegon said:

Not a Slammer, presumably. I swear I've seen MIK versions of thr Spec K since the factory's demise. Never associated the term with USA or quality, but I guess they called these Slammers too at one time. 

There are no MIK versions of the Special K.   There is a Chinese/Indonesian version of the Korina Jr., but those are totally different guitars.

There is no "Slammer" in any part of the Special K - not even in the Part Code.  The seller is mistaken.

Interesting. All the links I have ever seen had "Slammer" in it.

I can't remember what it was called on the old Hamer site in the gallery section.

Is it just titled just "Custom SLMK" then?

On my Reverb listing, I intentionally omitted "Slammer" so non-Hamer folks would not confuse it with the MIK line.

3 hours ago, cmatthes said:

There are no MIK versions of the Special K.   There is a Chinese/Indonesian version of the Korina Jr., but those are totally different guitars.

There is no "Slammer" in any part of the Special K - not even in the Part Code.  The seller is mistaken.

Interesting Chris................any one of these guitars I have ever viewed and described always termed  the guitar as a Custom "Slammer" and being one of those model designations depending on the pickups..............being either a single or dual fitted. "Slammer" to me cries "Import" guitar so I always wondered why that was used in the description............apparently mistakenly so.             I take that back, I did see one listed as a Hamer Special Korina Jr. Hmmmmm

This is the only guitar I wanted after the 78-79 Black B&C'd Sunburst [Although I really like the early Vectors] Its a beautiful guitar I would love to own it.Once again Hamer really had their hands on some great woods................its a spectacular guitar!

1 hour ago, ARM OF HAMER said:

Really though with only 10 made in total and all built in the 2005 production year that should serve to distinguish these from any other Korina Jrs................would it not?

Well, that would help!

The fact that the Limited Run Special K and Ecstacy guitars are single cuts and the Korina Juniors are double cuts are the big obvious differences. Totally different bodies.

8 minutes ago, cmatthes said:

Well, that would help!

The fact that the Limited Run Special K and Ecstacy guitars are single cuts and the Korina Juniors are double cuts are the big obvious differences. Totally different bodies.

Ah Yeah of course what was I thinking?..................... well I have used it for others...................... I may as well use it for myself.ibhojr.jpg

When the hell did THAT happen?  That had to have been recently - certainly long after the run was sold off and long gone.  They never changed them on the Workshop Blogs.

Don't understand how (or why) they would try to rewrite history years after the fact over something stupid like that.

Archived