virt1.jpg

^^ ^^ ^^ ^^ 

That's Paul Hamer's first one.

36 minutes ago, cmatthes said:

^^ ^^ ^^ ^^ 

That's Paul Hamer's first one.

Yes, I know. I feel now like desiring his wife. :P 

2 hours ago, DBraz said:

I'd love to try a sustain block version to compare.  The thing is with Virts, its not easy to find an owner locally to "pop over" and try. 

I've never tried one. I love their look, but I'm afraid I would get lost if I played one. Firebirds, for example, get me lost with their weird proportions. Just imagine a Virt!

2 minutes ago, zorrow said:

I've never tried one. I love their look, but I'm afraid I would get lost if I played one. Firebirds, for example, get me lost with their weird proportions. Just imagine a Virt!

Do you know what Ionel I bet you wouldn't.

They kind of feel a bit like the position you put your strat in when sitting down, i.e. a bit to the left on your knee.  Except, with the long neck, it's like that when you're standing up.  Light guitars (tiny body and full scallop has taken away a bit of mass) and surprisingly well balanced.

The weirdest thing, for me, is where I pick.  On a Cali, for example, I pick literally at the point between the humbucker and the single coil.  On the Virt, with my palm resting in its usual point, that same position is adjacent to where fret 36 is.  

Weird, but it's never bothered me or caused problems.

Archived