Hamer Fan Club Message Center

WTB: Schecter PT w/ maple board......you know the one.

Looking for the traditional black with a maple board.  If you know of one, let me know.  I've seen all the guitars on Reverb, TGP and eBay.  Looking to pull one out of the "weeds".  Price isn't the first concern.  Thanks.

IMG_8358.JPG

85 PT.  One of the good ones.  

78 Tele Custom that does everything the PT does:

IMG_8359.JPG

Hello MR SERIAL?

I'm Frenchie so sorry for all  mistakes in Sheakpeare language

would you sale the black DEVIL schecker and what will be the price ? does she come with an hardcase?

thank

jelly

If any of you come across an '84-ish black PT with a mini-toggle installed for the coil split, let me know.  It's mine and I never should have sold it.  Best guitar I ever owned.

Me in the olden days:

Carousel%20%2019%20414_zps58togjde.jpg

etc_9.jpg

The DIY goldtop I play today (Schecter MIK body, Fender MIM neck):

goldtop_pt_2.jpg

15 minutes ago, Rich_S said:

A nice black PT showed up on eBay this morning, but it's pricey and it's in Japan.   Cool birdseye neck, though.

I already see a problem with that one (besides I was almost ripped off by a Japanese seller passing off a counterfeit PT SCHECTER a couple of years ago).

VETO!

s-l1600.jpg

12 hours ago, kizanski said:

I already see a problem with that one (besides I was almost ripped off by a Japanese seller passing off a counterfeit PT SCHECTER a couple of years ago).

VETO!

s-l1600.jpg

Phake.

SCHITTY.

1 hour ago, stratmatt said:

I have a 2014 USA model, Black, maple neck, excellent condition which I might consider selling. Let me know if you're interested. Thanks.

That's not the one he's looking for.

8 hours ago, stratmatt said:

I have a 2014 USA model, Black, maple neck, excellent condition which I might consider selling. Let me know if you're interested. Thanks.

Thanks, Matt.  If it was at a really discounted price, I'd be interested.  I know they are really good guitars, but the newer models have a weak market re-sale price.  Overlooked for sure.  Let me know.  I think this might become a quest instead of a whim. 

I don't like the necks on the modern Schecter, too thin for me.  When I wanted a PT to replace my old one a few yeas ago, I decided to build one out of a Schecter MIK body and a Fender MIM neck.  I like the Fender Modern C shape a lot more than Schecter's neck, though the '80s Schecter big, fat hunk o' maple was even better.  I readily admit to being a peghead snob; gotta be Tele-shaped, which Schecter can't do  any more.

The trick to mating up a Fender neck with the Schecter body is that Schecter uses a Strat neck pocket, even on the Tele-shaped bodies.  The PT neck pocket has to be routed out a little bit to square the corners, so Fender's square Tele neck fits without a gap.

I used a goldtop PT body because I've always loved the guitar Townsend played at the '83 Toronto "Who's Last" (LOL) show and at Live Aid.  I built one of these a few years ago, stupidly sold it and then had to build another one all over again.  Now, I'm getting the urge for a black one.  There's a black MIK body for sale on eBay this week, but it's beat to heck and being advertised as "reliced".  I don't mind some honest dings, but this one looks pretty bad.

I'd just order a Musikraft Tele neck with a Strat heel.  Best replacement necks in the biz!

• 10 months later...

Archived