Hamer Fan Club Message Center

Request for a New Option

veatch

2 hours ago, hamerhead said:

I dunno, man. Seems like a hassle. You gotta turn the guitar all the way over just to use it.

DUDE, this would work great on a Tele! 

Bass player for Heart had a bottle opener screwed to one of his bases. 

You could always get one of these, and a BIG +1 on what Bubs said about mounting it on a Tele!  I might just do that, too!   No affiliation, BTW:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/ICE-COLD-BEER-SERVED-HERE-Starr-X-Wall-Mount-Bottle-Opener-NEW-/361036229197?hash=item540f6faa4d:g:GfcAAOSwVL1WCHpK

You can find vintage Starr-X wall-mounted bottle openers labeled with name brand beers here and there on FeePay, but they tend to be pricey for the real deal (i.e. not repros).

I'd prefer a solution where you could kind of trem-of or wiggle-of the crown cap. B)

17 hours ago, Northfield said:

Hmmm, now that's a practical upgrade option.  It'd have to go on the front somewhere though because I'd want easy access to it.  I might actually play more often just to be able to use it if it was on one of mine.   :lol:

You never know when you'd want a cold one, too:

On 4/21/2017 at 2:19 PM, veatch said:

Mike, can you do this?  I think it would need to come with a little deeper of a tummy cut - call it a beer belly cut?

:)

IMG_20170421_141729.jpg

That is genious!

On 4/23/2017 at 10:34 PM, Northfield said:

Hmmm, now that's a practical upgrade option.  It'd have to go on the front somewhere though because I'd want easy access to it.  I might actually play more often just to be able to use it if it was on one of mine.   :lol:

But the front location would make you spill your beer all over the finish.

what about just to the right of the input jack on the bottom edge. Keeps the bottle somewhat vertical and less prone to spilling.

1 minute ago, HSB0531 said:

But the front location would make you spill your beer all over the finish.

I don't think that is a problem with the example shown.

4 minutes ago, kizanski said:

4 minutes ago, kizanski said:

:lol::lol:

Put it on the front of a chambered or semi-hollow so the caps drop inside and not on the floor.

Plus.....THIS seems more of an official HFC beer opener to bolt onto the front of a guitar.

IMG_7102.JPG

Archived