Hamer Fan Club Message Center

W(here's)T(he)B(rass)? Need an 8-hole brass Strat 'guard!

Does anyone have a Schecter gold/brass 8-hole Strat pickguard to sell?

I had one ready to go, for the last three years, and -now that my ol' Schecter Strat is *finally* ready for assembly- I found that the brass 'guard that I had would require too much hole drillin'!

The only thing in my favor is that I need the less-sought-after version, the one for a five-way switch. Gold's the goal, but -if I can't find one- I could probably live with a black anodized version. Worth a shot!

Thanks!

Do any of you have an old Schecter gold/brass 8-hole Strat pickguard to sell?

I had one ready to go, for the last three years, and -now that my ol' Schecter Strat is finally ready for assembly- I found that the brass 'guard that I had would require too much hole drillin'!
The only thing in my favor is that I need the less-sought-after version for a five-way switch. Gold's the goal, but -if I can't find one- I could probably live with a black anodized version. Worth a shot!

Thanks!Do any of you have an old Schecter gold/brass 8-hole Strat pickguard to sell?

I had one ready to go, for the last three years, and -now that my ol' Schecter Strat is finally ready for assembly- I found that the brass 'guard that I had would require too much hole drillin'!
The only thing in my favor is that I need the less-sought-after version for a five-way switch. Gold's the goal, but -if I can't find one- I could probably live with a black anodized version. Worth a shot!

Thanks!The only thing in my favor is that I need the less-sought-after version for a five-way switch. Gold's the goal, but -if I can't find one- I could probably live with a black anodized version. Worth a shot!

Thanks!

Thanks!

Thanks!

Thanks for the link!

I actually have an eleven-hole brass 'guard, right now, which I could modify -in the interest of getting the Strat assembled, for the time being- but I'm going to punish the parts, for failing to magnetically attract the proper brassware, by having them sit in a corner woodpile timeout, until they realize how, exactly, they've failed me.

The body is a nearly-pristine, one-piece koa body that's already drilled for eight holes. Otherwise, I wouldn't have much issue with using an eleven-hole.

I've had the body for a few years, already -and the neck for nine and a half- so I can wait, I guess!

Thanks, chromium!

As he is a fellow Van Nuys Schecter fanatic, I know him, and we've traded e-mails, many times.

His items tend to be listed in the upper stratospheric reaches of the market, though - a place that is completely unknown to my meager piggy bank (that pig, most definitely, can not fly)!

Archived