Hamer Fan Club Message Center

Mike at Dallas International Show this weekend!

cmatthes

If any HFC'ers are in the Dallas area this weekend, be sure to stop by and say "HI!" To Mike in the LaRose Guitars booth.  He'll be showing a couple of his creations, and you'll be glad you got to see them (and him) in person!

Grab some Shishkov swag while you're there too, while it lasts...

35 minutes ago, Devnor said:

Thanks for the heads up - I'll be there Sunday. I'd like to pitch an idea for Red Molly v.2 - without all the issues.

Get there early - I'm not sure what time Mike is flying back to CT...

Thanks for posting Chris! Should be a fun weekend. I'll be hanging out with Todd at his booth and am looking forward to seeing a couple of great shows, getting to try some Texas BBQ and meeting up with any of you that are there.  

I wish you having a great and successful business!

Dallas is only about three hours away from me, so if I didn't already have something going on I would definitely go.

However, if things go as planned, I'll be seeing Mike in July. There are some things you just have to pick up in person.

Hoping to get some pictures of Mike at the booth this weekend and provide an update.

Hamerica

I went to show Friday.  Met Mike and saw his instruments. He's a really great guy. I'm excited to work with him. We discussed my ideas for a CO. I'm going in a totally different direction now (no explorer). His instruments are fantastic and I knew it the second I grabbed the neck of that double cut. Of course, that was bound to happen :) Go check him out today. 

19 minutes ago, Devnor said:

His instruments are fantastic and I knew it the second I grabbed the neck of that double cut. Of course, that was bound to happen :) Go check him out today. 

That was my feeling exactly.

I've been working on a project at home and realized last night that i'm just trying to make my Shishkov Custom Order. So I know I ordered the right guitar, I can't wait to get my hands on it! 

27 minutes ago, bubs_42 said:

I've been working on a project at home and realized last night that i'm just trying to make my Shishkov Custom Order. So I know I ordered the right guitar, I can't wait to get my hands on it! 

You ordered a howling Tele?  To each his own, I guess. :lol:

Best of luck to Mike with the exposure and the order book!

1 hour ago, mrjamiam said:

You ordered a howling Tele?  To each his own, I guess. :lol:

Best of luck to Mike with the exposure and the order book!

Dude, i've got so much stuff going I don't know what to start or end with. ;) 

Those that know me, knows I like a good line as anyone so here it goes,  "I went to the Dallas Guitar Show and my Luthier was at the show and he said..." :P

Seriously, I just wanted to give a quick shout out to Mike for making the trip to the Dallas Guitar Show.

Team Shishkov brought two prototypes out to the show;  The SC Custom (Maverick) and the DC Custom (Cobra) both are just stellar.

"It's one thing to see the guitars on the website and another to see them in person."  "His instruments are fantastic and I knew it the second I grabbed the neck of that double cut." - Devnor    Devnor, could not agree more!  It was a good thing they had replaced the blue and green drool rags right before I got there.   

I also have to give a shout out to Todd and his wife at LaRose Guitars on this thread. Great to see their support for Shishkov and what they are creating as well.  

best wishes,

Hamerica    

Shishkov SC DC 2017.jpg

2 minutes ago, Jakeboy said:

Are those Shishkov patches or stickers? No matter, I want both!

Stickers...I should have picked up one while I was at the show.

Hamerica

Love the guitars (my first exposure to them and all five senses were quite tantalized), and so glad I met the man behind them. I think I could have spent all weekend just chewing the fat with Mike about guitars and anything and everything else under the sun. Already looking forward to the next time.

aRGcRNp.jpg?1

Two of my favorite people in that shot above.

Archived