Hamer Fan Club Message Center

Hamer Californian

Do you like Hamer Californians  

148 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

They're certainly different than a Daytona! B)

Both are GREAT, of course, just in different ways.

I love my Cali's, but for bang-for-the-buck; I'd probably choose a Diablo. As far as a getting one of the import Cali's; I'd say you'd be much better off getting a used Diablo for $350-$400.

And Lockbody, I have a Cool Rails and a Parallel Axis Trembucker (original model) in one of my Cali's and it's an awesome pickup combination. The PATB1 is my favorite bridge pickup so far (I have one in my Diablo too), so I'd definitely recommend picking one up if you see one used.

-Austin

Austin,

I've still got the one that came out of it originally. I took it out to try this Invader I got from Rechts, but I think I'll try slapping it back in there. That Invader is just too compressed sounding though my Boogie's lead channel which is mighty compressed to begin with.

I just wish I could find a PA Stack.

The single coil? I took mine out of my Cali when I put in the Cool Rails (the PASTK was too bright an low output for me) and it's in minty fresh condition. Make me an offer and it could be yours :lol: (I have no idea what these go for on the used market because I don't believe I ever seen on available used. I also might be interested in a pickup swap if you've got stuff laying around).

-Austin

Where have I seen that one before? Hmmm?

batman.jpg

• 4 months later...

later cali necks aren't skinny, at least mine isn't. They're fantastic guitars. As they said though, you're better off picking up a used usa diablo than a new import cali. You're not likely to lose any or at least as much money on the diablo if you decide you don't like it later.

My first Hamer ever was a Cali. Still going strong.

DSC01489.jpg

The Goldschlager has PA-TB1/PA Stack.

The Blue has a PA-TB1/Hot Rails.

Both pickup combos are cool.

The only harp is the Hamer licensed Schaller Floyds. The baseplate threads for the intonation screws can strip out, making it useless. New Schallers (and some other licensed versions) have hardened inserts now:

DSC01580.jpg

...and work fine. I just put a Washburn one in the blue:

DSC01583.jpg

I mostly play bass now, but if I play guitar I play my Hamer Cali Elite (though my Fender Strat gets equal playtime). Seldom I take the Steve Stevens, the Chaps, the FB or the Gibson RD out of their cases these days. The Cali is nice, very slim neck though (it is okay for me), EMGs, flamed maple body, ebony fretboard w/boomers, matches the Chap Bass very well.

post-2-1150671268_thumb.jpg

Hey Guys, I still only play my cali's I'm pretty lucky to find the right ones. I was hooked the first time I saw the Hamer spider Cali Of Neil ZaZa. It seems like they are finally getting the respect that they deserve. I've had many chapps. just not the same. Plus no other guitar looks as good with LED'S LOL> Steve.

Archived