Hamer Fan Club Message Center

Saw a real live Shishkov in the wild last night...

cmatthes

In the hands of the lovely and talented Rich Moxley, with Elduave's band, The Tolerators:

Shish%200004_zps4jpmmf3y.jpg

Image may contain: one or more people, people on stage, people playing musical instruments, concert, guitar and outdoor

• cmatthes changed the title to Saw a real live Shishkov in the wild last night...

Great appearance! Didn't know Shishs could play Kiss. B)

Look at the flames on that top!  The pictures are one thing, the video shows the top flames just moving.

Thanks,

Wow!  The Tolerators turned that into a much better song!

Over the (nine?) years I've been on the HFC, anything involving Elduave, be it live performance, music education, marketing, whatever - consistently impressive.

2 hours ago, gtrdaddy said:

Any idea which of Dave Friedman's heads he's using? Sounds killer!

I'll check, but I honestly think he's playing through Elduave's Hughes & Kettner combo!  

Yep.  Elduave confirmed that it was the Shishkov into the H&K.

It sounded even better live!

On 5/23/2017 at 11:15 AM, velorush said:

Wow!  The Tolerators turned that into a much better song!

Watch it.

On 5/23/2017 at 4:05 PM, gtrdaddy said:

It sounds great! 

13 hours ago, cmatthes said:

It sounded even better live!

Mr. Gravelin's pickups are a big part of that recipe. Definitely voiced to stand out in live/band mixes.

5 hours ago, gtrdaddy said:

Can't argue that, his rig sounds amazing. I'm waiting to hear from Chris M. if he's playing through a H & K combo (if so, I'd love to know which one!) or if he's playing through the head that looks like one of Dave Friedman's. He's got a sonic vibe that just beckons the necessity of drool cups. I mean really, that tone just rips! 

(Look up two posts!) ;)

2 hours ago, gtrdaddy said:

Ah , missed that! Any idea which HK? 

I forget, but it's a 1x12" combo that just smokes.  I've got a gig with Elduave next weekend, so I'll be sure to snag a pic or something.

... and Elduave rockin' a very vintage G&L L-1000 (prob'ly 1981-3).

I have a Leo-era (1986) Lynx bass. It has soapbar-sized single coil MFD pickups, which have a wide bandwidth and a strong output. Here's a video of a Leo-era SB-2 (Student Bass, 2 pickups) which is a slab body version of the Lynx but otherwise the same.

Archived