Hamer Fan Club Message Center

NGD # 60 Comes Home

ArnieZ

Before we even get started with the guitar, this needs to be said. Trish and Mike are world class nice people, it would be impossible to do business with better. Mike is so accommodating I literally had to forbid him to do something he offered that was way beyond what one would expect.

Now for the guitar: IMO absolutely stunning, exactly the way I had imagined in my wildest dreams!

A little background ( just to prolong the wait)

Initially I was looking for a wide flame top. When I was at the shop there were a lot of great flame billets to choose from but I wasn't feeling it. Mike showed me the top on this guitar and I immediately knew exactly what finish I wanted and could see it in my mind's eye!

I asked Mike if he had any Brazilian boards, he said he did but didn't know where they were, buried somewhere. It wasn't really important but I asked very nicely if he could look for them.Found and chosen .

Had a conversation with Josh Re pickups and was intending to use the coil slitting technique on the PRS DGT

The only other item left was the inlays. At the time Mike was working on the Bullseyes. I like them but loved the 12th fret inlay. I asked Mike if it was possible it remove the pick from the middle of that inlay and use It for the rest of the inlays. Mike worked on that and the result of that is on the guitar. I think they came out great!

Now for the guitar:lol:

DdVSrMP.jpg

60xYxW5.jpg

u83o59C.jpg

cx7kfow.jpg

Sounds as good as it looks, as soon as my finger heals I'll be able to dig in a little more

Very hard to photograph, but I promise it looks better in person, if you could believe that!!

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm floored...

2 minutes ago, 0054 said:

Does it have coil splits? You guys from Trumbull are always unclear :)

Sorry for the confusion:P It is set up to split. It's using the same technique as the DGT.

arniez

7 hours ago, Jakeboy said:

Hahahaha! This is just so awesome. What an amazing guitar! How does it sound and play!

Gorgeous color.

Plays flawlessly. low action no buzzing. Sounds great as well, made a HUGE difference to plug into a familiar amp. Unfortunately I cut my left index finger on Saturday so not really able to play as much as I would like. BUT it did give me time to take pictures:D

ArnieZ

59 minutes ago, ArnieZ said:

Plays flawlessly. low action no buzzing. Sounds great as well, made a HUGE difference to plug into a familiar amp. Unfortunately I cut my left index finger on Saturday so not really able to play as much as I would like. BUT it did give me time to take pictures:D

ArnieZ

No better time to take up slide. 

9 minutes ago, bubs_42 said:

No better time to take up slide. 

I'll spare the neighborhood from the potential atrocity, finger will heal quickly enough

arniez

9 hours ago, ArnieZ said:

I'll spare the neighborhood from the potential atrocity, finger will heal quickly enough

arniez

Ah, everyone's pretty good with a slide when you open tune the guitar.  Just keep it parallel with the frets!

Archived