Hamer Fan Club Message Center

Who owns the Ultimate, Ultimate? ;)

srvwannab

On 7/19/2017 at 11:35 AM, BubbaVO said:

I do.

I got exactly what I wanted - simple straightforward rawk machine.  No crazy inlays.  No binding wizardry.   A full neck.  The wow factor comes from the shape, the top and finish - which blow me away every time I open the case.  Depending on the light you would think they are two different guitars.   And both of them kick ass.

But your ultimate may vary.

http://photobucket.com/gallery/user/BubbaVO/media/cGF0aDovSU1HXzA3NDZfenBzOGpobm5uZDMuanBn/?ref=

phuckin' photobucket. I clicked the link and got to a page with 6 ads. I guess I had to click one to see the guitar. I didn't and when I didn't something floated down from up top that said click here to see photobucket's new terms. I didn't click that either. 

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply
40 minutes ago, Ting Ho Dung said:

phuckin' photobucket. I clicked the link and got to a page with 6 ads. I guess I had to click one to see the guitar. I didn't and when I didn't something floated down from up top that said click here to see photobucket's new terms. I didn't click that either. 

Fookubuckit.

35 minutes ago, BubbaVO said:

Fookubuckit.

Shish Bubba.jpg

5 hours ago, kizanski said:

Not too exotic. Only a couple of custom features (the crowns and the wiring).
Exactly what I wanted.

DSC_1720.jpg

Like Yogi Berra said, "We're similar, but our similarities are different".  That guitar just makes total sense to me.   My second Shishkov's going to be blonde too. 

Shishkov%200004%2031415%20GCM3_zpscfjwf2

If they are all consistent in quality they are all the ultimate Ultimate.  Differences in tops and hardware become less important.  This thread has focused on looks.  Everyone has reported good things about playing their Ultimates.  That is what counts.  

To determine which Ultimate is the best we would need a group of people to be blindfolded and passing around each of the Ultimates.  That group test playing the guitars would likely never finish the job of picking out the best one.

45 minutes ago, Steve Haynie said:

If they are all consistent in quality they are all the ultimate Ultimate.  Differences in tops and hardware become less important.  This thread has focused on looks.  Everyone has reported good things about playing their Ultimates.  That is what counts.  

To determine which Ultimate is the best we would need a group of people to be blindfolded and passing around each of the Ultimates.  That group test playing the guitars would likely never finish the job of picking out the best one.

Blindfolded?  Not a chance.  Tone's not the only variable.  Especially after Mike spent so much time making them beautiful.  Nothing about this comparison tells me that "Differences in tops and hardware become less important".  Everything matters, Steve.  I get what you're saying.  But the way an instrument sounds never comes down to it, when the guitars are so exemplary in our view.   

Mine plays incredibly well. Lol I am dinging  it up though, just like my '76 Explorer, it seems that big, beautiful dorsal fin catches everything in sight....

The Shlabotnik sisters are key.....they sound almost like single coils clean.....like a great PAF, and yet have plenty of girth. Plenty of sparkle and no mud anywhere to be found.

Ultimates are aptly named!

Wish TR28 photographed better. It has that same double striping to it. The Cream against the Trans Red and the sweet Brown tone to the back and neck look so nice together. Josh's pickups make it chime and then crush in an flick of a knob or switch. It is not THE Ultimate but it is my ultimate. Ultimate.

shishstock33.jpg

• 2 months later...

No way I'm going to let Velvis get passed around by a bunch of blindfolded Hamer nerds.

So, going on looks alone, I'm dropping the mic.

fullsizeoutput_2b9.jpeg

fullsizeoutput_2c0.jpeg

Archived