Hamer Fan Club Message Center

Who owns the Ultimate, Ultimate? ;)

srvwannab

On 7/27/2017 at 10:56 PM, Steve Haynie said:

If they are all consistent in quality they are all the ultimate Ultimate.  Differences in tops and hardware become less important.  This thread has focused on looks.  Everyone has reported good things about playing their Ultimates.  That is what counts.  

To determine which Ultimate is the best we would need a group of people to be blindfolded and passing around each of the Ultimates.  That group test playing the guitars would likely never finish the job of picking out the best one.

Haynie, you clearly don't understand how guitars work on the internet.  ;)

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

With all the big hurricanes that've been happening in the Caribbean area this year, I'm kinda surprised that nobody's been looking for, or found, a big old storm-flattened tree of THIS stuff (like, as in Florida as well as other areas), to have their OWN 'exclusive' 'Ultimate' guitar made out of:

http://www.wood-database.com/cuban-mahogany/

Figured maple makes for good 'eye candy', but a good guitar needs (and is) more than just that.  And if maple veneer is being used on a guitar, then you don't really need to use much of that, either...it could be said that figured maple veneer isn't much more than a 'natural' version of 'photo-flame', but you probably won't find 'figuring' in it that looks like the Hamburglar, though.

Yeah, I had some Oak limbs down in the "yard".  I walk five miles a day and am still passing hundreds of piles of trees and tree remnants that used to be viable.  I've not seen anything that compelled me to double back with my trusty chainsaw.  We don't have maple or mahogany here in Central Florida.  And that's the only wood I'm into.

19 hours ago, The Shark said:

Yeah, I had some Oak limbs down in the "yard".  I walk five miles a day and am still passing hundreds of piles of trees and tree remnants that used to be viable.  I've not seen anything that compelled me to double back with my trusty chainsaw.  We don't have maple or mahogany here in Central Florida.  And that's the only wood I'm into.

So if Korina happened to be laying there, you'd turn away in horror?  :lol:

If he had Limba growing in his neck of the woods, there's be other things to worry about!

23 minutes ago, The Shark said:

Ain't no Limba in Orange City, brother!

What's a single vowel amongst friends?

• 1 month later...
5 hours ago, Jfritts said:

I wonder if he would ever build an Ultimate bass......with boomers?

No.  He will not do boomers.

It's a question that's already been asked several times and I'm sure will be asked again.

Mike is not building Hamers.  He's building Shishkovs.

;)

On November 20, 2017 at 7:44 AM, Jfritts said:

I can live without the boomers....was just askin'

I like the idea of some sort of Ultimate bass or an improved Impact style, with a gorgeous top.

Everything so far spawns from "I like the idea of" that will get the wheels of creativity started. 

Archived